Trusted Contributor

@pprmntstx wrote:

Can anyone recommend an author's series similar to Laura Childs or Leslie Meier?  Thank you!Smiley Happy

@pprmntstx @I don't know if this will interest you, but try "The Hearts Grove Mystery" books, by: Danielle Collins.  HTH. Smiley Happy

F/N/A luvstogarden
Valued Contributor

@Mimi 1883  OK I will check that author at the library.  Thank you so much!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The Lucy Stone mysteries that you like take place in Maine so you might like the Haley Powell cozies that take place in Bar Harbor, Maine. Haley is a single mom of two who writes a food and cocktail column for the local newspaper. I'm reading "Death of a Coupon Clipper" right now. The authors are a brother/sister team that go by the pen name Lee Hollis.

Valued Contributor

@AuntG  Yes!  I'll see if our local library has the series.  Thank you so much!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@pprmntstx wrote:

@Mimi 1883  OK I will check that author at the library.  Thank you so much!Smiley Happy

@pprmntstx  I doubt if your library carries them. I've been reading them for free on Kindle. The books are very short. The funny thing is, I'm on the 3rd or 4th book and I still have no idea what the protagonist looks like. First time I've encountered that in any books.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

@Chimi wrote:

Cleo Coyle - if you like Child's tea mysteries, you probably would enjoy Coyle's coffee shop mysteries set in Greenwich Village, NYC. Also, Susan Wittig Albert (China Bayles) Carolyn Hart (Death on Demand), Elaine Viets (Dead End Jobs). Love Laura Child's series and Leslie Meier!

I have not read anything by Laura Childs, but I can absolutely recommend Cleo Coyle's Coffeehouse Mysteries series. (She and her husband also write a haunted bookshop series under the name Alice Kimberly. The Ghost and Mrs McClure is the first in the series.)

And I also second Elaine Viets's Dead End Jobs series. I love authors who make locations as much of a character as the people and Viets has done that with both Fort Lauderdale and the Coronado Tropic Apartments.

Respected Contributor

I only read cozies but I have so many authors I love I would not know where to start.  cozy mysteries.com is a fabulous website and has tons of authors by subject, type. etc.

Frequent Contributor

I really enjoy Hope Callahan, especially her Garden Girls mysteries. She also has a Cruise Ship series, and a Savannah series. She puts out a nice newsletter, too. 

Valued Contributor

@teachgrd3 Thank you! I'll see if the local library has Hope Callahan books!

Frequent Contributor

I think Hope Callahan might be only ebooks for kindle, etc.