Honored Contributor

CAITLYN JENNER-SECRETS OF MY LIFE

I just requested this from the library 2 days ago...............and it's here.

It should be a real page turner-I want to know the secrets!!!

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

Re: CAITLYN JENNER-SECRETS OF MY LIFE

Not me, I couldn't care less!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

I was watching a bit of Jenner's interview last night on CNN.

It's just so hard for me to think of him as a woman.

Jenner is still so manly looking and sounding.  Yuck, a real channel changer for me.

Respected Contributor

@catlover

The fact that you can get a new book that soon makes me think it won't be on the bestsellers list.

Honored Contributor

I have ZERO interest in any member of that clan.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO, he's just riding the K's coat tails and trying to cash in on any publicity he can. It didn't take him long to become irrelevant, except to the celeb rag magazines.

I would take anything he could say in that book with a grain of salt, of course he's gonna make it sound 'juicy', so people will buy it.

Personally, I think it's wrong to disparage your own family, just to make a buck.

**Edited to correct typos**

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Caitlyn must have suffered a lot throughout her life as Bruce to have transitioned at 65 years old.I was a huge Bruce fan.His Olympic win was epic.I remember watching it as a kid.He appeared to have it all.

That being said he was miserable being trapped in a mans body.Bruce gave up a lot when he became Caitlyn. She must have done it to preserve her sanity.I will not judge her for that.

However,there is absolutely no excuse for her to trash Kris or any of her kids.I'm certainly not a Kris fan but Bruce was married to her for 23 years.They had 2 beautiful daughters together.Caitlyn should have more respect for her past.She hurt a lot of people .It doesn't matter if her book is fact or fiction.For the respect & protection of her family's privacy she should have kept her mouth shut,Period!!!

Bruce appeared to be a nice thoughtful man.Caitlyn comes across as being bitter & vindictive.For this reason I will not read her book!!

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished reading her book, and she admits that she made mistakes in her marriages.

But what can she do?

It's not like she can go back in time and fix those mistakes.

Yes, she does have regrets and guilt, but I'm not going to tar and feather her for being human.

To her detractors, I say look for the log in your own eye, before you go looking for the splinter in someone elses.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I followed her when she began to transition as I a was truly interested in the psychological aspect of what she has gone through always knowing who she truly wanted to be but trapped inside a man's body, psychology fascinates me! I also thought she was a brave person to publicly announce her decision so that it might help others who faced similiar situations, or to help the general public (like myself) understand how she/others feel.

After watching her reality show the first season and watching her on different talk shows I believe her intentions were good in the beginning but now it has turned into somewhat of a circus on parade, is it her doing, partly, but the media is ruthless when they latch onto something and just won't let go, and some of the society is to blame also, whatever the Kardachians/Jenners have that make some people crave knowledge of anything and everything they do is beyond me?

Caitlyn has made some major mistakes but then who of us can say that we haven't also, ours are just not played out in public (nor would I ever want them to be), when it all comes down to it is she happy, that is all anyone strives to be in life, happy!  Her children have accepted her transition and contiue to love her, and in some respect she has opened the eyes of many to the world of transgender and helped them to realize that they too deserve to be treated with respect and dignity just as we all do!

Do I follow her any longer, no, will I read her book, no, I think she has had her 15 minutes of fame so to speak, and now it is time to step back and be happy if she truly is?

Esteemed Contributor

I have to admit I have absolutely no interest in Caitlyn or any other Jenner or Kardashian. 

As far as I'm concerned, they have all gone way past their expiration date, and it's time for them to go back to where they came from. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett