Super Contributor

Buying books from BookDepository.com

Does anyone else order books from there? I love the British format and cover design of paperbacks which are usually cheaper than on Amazon. Also, everything ships free. You can't track the package but the books always arrive within 1-3 weeks. Once, a book had its cover torn and they insisted on replacing it at no cost without having to send it back. Just though I'd share.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Buying books from BookDepository.com

Never heard of the company, but I will look into it. Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Book Depository is fantastic!  I actually got a book from them today.  I love a lot of British authors, and you can get books from them at good prices with free shipping.  Sometimes you can get books from them months ahead of the US publication date.  It usually takes 2 weeks to arrive from the UK.

Honored Contributor

Actually Amazon owns BookDepository UK now.

They try to coordinate the pricing now and what's released overseas but not here -- but if get lucky (and I have) you can find a paperback there that hasn't been published here yet and it's much cheaper than the hardcover at Amazon.

They have great sales too.  

I miss their wonderful bookmarks drawn by customers.

Super Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

Actually Amazon owns BookDepository UK now.

They try to coordinate the pricing now and what's released overseas but not here -- but if get lucky (and I have) you can find a paperback there that hasn't been published here yet and it's much cheaper than the hardcover at Amazon.

They have great sales too.  

I miss their wonderful bookmarks drawn by customers.

Ohhh, I had no idea they're Amazon owned - thanks for the info! I just got another order from them today and one book is a UK paperback edition of what will not be out Stateside till November. It was also significantly less expensive. 

Honored Contributor

@IntoSkincare wrote:

Ohhh, I had no idea they're Amazon owned - thanks for the info! I just got another order from them today and one book is a UK paperback edition of what will not be out Stateside till November. It was also significantly less expensive. 

I got "Forces of Nature" in paperback there at around half the price of the hardcover here.  (That's the follow-up to Jane Harper's "The Dry" in case you don't know.)  And later that day I noticed that it said "not available" or something like that.   They try to make sure we can't surf that wave so I enjoy stalking books there and getting them earlier and/or for less.  

Super Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@IntoSkincare wrote:

I got "Forces of Nature" in paperback there at around half the price of the hardcover here.  (That's the follow-up to Jane Harper's "The Dry" in case you don't know.)  And later that day I noticed that it said "not available" or something like that.   They try to make sure we can't surf that wave so I enjoy stalking books there and getting them earlier and/or for less.  

What did you think about 'Forces of Nature'?? I liked 'The Dry' a lot but for some reason skipped the follow up. My recent bookdepository grabs were the loved by many 'Little Fires Everywhere', 'This Is Going To Hurt' (Secret Diaries of a Junior Doctor) and Lisa Jewell's 'Then She Was Gone' - all in paperback. Oh, and Steve Cavanagh's 'Thirteen'.

Honored Contributor

@IntoSkincare, I loved "Forces of Nature" even better than "The Dry."  I think they're both great books.  Maybe because I did a lot of hiking, I loved hikes, so that aspect really appealed to me, the setting, and the women, biatchy women, wrapped around a very interesting mystery impossible to figure out.

Super Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@IntoSkincare, I loved "Forces of Nature" even better than "The Dry."  I think they're both great books.  Maybe because I did a lot of hiking, I loved hikes, so that aspect really appealed to me, the setting, and the women, biatchy women, wrapped around a very interesting mystery impossible to figure out.

* adds 'Forces of Nature' to cart *

Thanks!