Honored Contributor

Re: Buying Books from Favorite Authors

@Tribesters wrote:

@

@Judaline 

"The Honk & Holler Opening Soon" might be the cafe one?

You are correct!! Thanks so much!! That was so good, did you read it?

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

@Judaline ,I think the book about the girl living in Walmart is "Where the Heart Is" by Billie Letts. I read it a long time ago. Wasn't a TV movie made about that? I can't think of the book with a cafe in the title. 

Yes!! Thank you so much. It was driving me crazy. Yes, saw the movie, loved it, recorded it on my Direct tv-ff to the day we switched to Dish. They took all my recordings with them!!! (what the heck did they want them for?) But it'll be on again one day and I'll record it. I have been done buying movies for years-I don't want to start again. My cupboard runneth over!!

Frequent Contributor

There is a great website called www.bookseriesinorder.com  that you can put in an author and it will list all the books they have ever written.  There is usually a link to where you can go online to buy their books.

I use ebay all the time... don't think I will ever pay full price for a book again!  In particular I like the ebay store second.sale.  A lot of their books are buy 3, get one free and shipping is included.  All the books I have ordered from ebay have been great quality and a good bargain.  Link is:https://www.ebay.com/str/secondsalecom

Respected Contributor

Carson McCullers wrote Ballad of the Sad Cafe.

I love all her books.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline ..............Wasn't that a true story?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Judaline ..............Wasn't that a true story?

I read that Billie Letts based the book on a woman who had given birth in a Costco. No details. It also said that  Walmart banned the book-they wouldn't sell it. I can't blame them-they might have had a whole slew of preggers ladies  moving in, lol.