Valued Contributor

Bridgerton Book Series

[ Edited ]

Has anyone read the Bridgerton series by Julia Quinn?

I just finished watching S1 of Bridgerton on Netflix and ordered the first book 2 episodes in.

Are the books any good?  Is it worth getting the rest of them?  

Honored Contributor

@hippiechick7897 wrote:

I just finished watching S1 of Bridgerton on Netflix and ordered the first book 2 episodes in.

I have read them all, you kind of want to know what life has in store for the .Bridgerton  children, at least I did.

@hippiechick7897 wrote:

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

this series of books came out years ago by Julia Quinn. There are about a dozen of them, and I very much enjoyed them.  I got every one of them out of the library. 

Valued Contributor

I just read the first one, The Duke and I, when I heard about the Netflix series.  Emjoyed it (quick read) and will eventually read the others but because my library finally reopened last month, all the books I have on hold have arrived and I need to read those first.  

Esteemed Contributor

I downloaded book Number # 2 The Viscount who loved me to my Kindle. This book was not available at my library. Book #3 An offer from a Gentleman is showing (1) copy available for the entire County that I live in. These are older books, so hopefully the third book actually is available. 

I am currently reading a book byTami Hoag, so I will move on to book number 2 in the Bridgerton series, when I have finished.

Honored Contributor

@hippiechick7897 wrote:

@hippiechick7897 

I was just about to ask the same question and was glad to see your thread.  So .... based on the comments here, did you read the series?   I'm going to get the first book and go from there. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Bridgerton Book Series

[ Edited ]

@catmama wrote:

I just read the first one, The Duke and I, when I heard about the Netflix series.  Emjoyed it (quick read) and will eventually read the others but because my library finally reopened last month, all the books I have on hold have arrived and I need to read those first.  

@catmama   @hippiechick7897   @icezeus  @Bhvbum   @QVCkitty1 

I also just finished Book 1.   

Question ...   I got the distinct feeling that Daphne is the author of Lady Whistledown's Society Papers .... what do you think?

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

this series of books came out years ago by Julia Quinn. There are about a dozen of them, and I very much enjoyed them.  I got every one of them out of the library. 

@Bhvbum 

Julia Quinn has written more than one series ..... has anyone read any of the others?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Bhvbum 

Julia Quinn has written more than one series ..... has anyone read any of the others?

Of course Quinn has.  All you have to do is go to "Goodreads" to see all her different Series and the books that are in them. But that is the case for every author. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@catmama wrote:

@catmama   @hippiechick7897   @icezeus  @Bhvbum   @QVCkitty1 

I also just finished Book 1.   

Question ...   I got the distinct feeling that Daphne is the author of Lady Whistledown's Society Papers .... what do you think?

@Tinkrbl44 

She is not. :-)