Regular Contributor

Books on the history of Notre Dame

Fiction or nonfiction? The fire really sparks my interest. Thank you
Honored Contributor

Re: Books on the history of Notre Dame

@Tweetybrd  - I'm sure you've seen the movies, but there is always Victor Hugo's classic The Hunchback of Notre Dame. I spent a semester in France during college. There really is no city like Paris.  I was lucky enough to attend mass at Notre Dame. When I found out about the fire yesterday I was devastated. 

Valued Contributor

I have also been sparked to learn the history of Notre Dame Cathedral. I did a catalog search of my local library with no results and a web search that came up with one small paperback book. Of course the Hunchback book was very prevelant.  I was quite surprised at the lack of specific history on this subject. 

If anyone out there can recommend a non-fiction book please post here. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Richard Winston. Notre Dame de Paris.

In my library, didn’t read what it was about though. Came up with many on a google search.

Valued Contributor

Thank you for your Richard Winston suggestion.  Contacted my libary and though they don't have a copy they will get it for me from another libary. 

I did find another on-line by Charles Hiatt NOTRE DAME De PARIS short history description of the cathedral published in 1902 but it was way too technical for my taste.