Esteemed Contributor
Can anyone give me some suggestions for books I could buy for a seven yearold boy who is in first grade. He is reading well at a second grade level. He had a pretty thick book with no pictures today.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Books for seven yearold boy

Find out what his interests are and then go from there - that always worked best for my kids. 

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

Find out what his interests are and then go from there - that always worked best for my kids. 

I agree - find out what he's interested in and buy books based on those things and then branch out.

You can also use the Scholastic Book Wizard. I've pre-filtered to grades 1-2.5, but you can adjust as needed.

Valued Contributor

My son used to love Magic Tree House books.

Esteemed Contributor

He loves cats and kittens. I found s series called the curious cats spy club. Anyone heard of these. I agree about finding books on stuff that interest him.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

geronimo stilton.....it is a great book series that my kids loved. start from #1 and you can add to his collection.

right now there are 62 regular books and a number of special editions, including two christmas books.

In the series, the title character is a talking mouse who lives in New Mouse City on Mouse Island. A best-selling author, Geronimo Stilton[2] works as a journalist and editor for the fictional newspaper The Rodent's Gazette.

He has a younger sister named Thea Stilton,[3] a cousin named Trap Stilton,[3] and a favorite little nephew, nine-year-old Benjamin Stilton.[3] Geronimo is a nervous, mild-mannered mouse who would like nothing better than to live a quiet life, but he keeps getting involved in far-away adventures with Thea, Trap, and Benjamin, and sometimes Aunt Sweetfur. The books are written as though they are autobiographical adventure stories.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

My grandsons have always liked "Where The Wild Things Are."

Honored Contributor

The Classic children's books never fail.  I loved the Boxcar Children set as a child and my son did as well.  Then when he got older he fell in love with the Hardy Boys.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."