Honored Contributor

BookTV/C-SPAN Coverage of Texas Book Festival

Hello all! One of my favorite places at the Texas Book Festival each year is the C-SPAN tent, where all of the presentations are recorded and aired on C-SPAN2/BookTV.

The festival had over 300 authors and most were presenting inside the Capitol building or elsewhere outside the C-SPAN tent, so most of the festival is not caught on video or aired on television. 

Here you'll find all of the C-SPAN tent coverage from the 2015 Texas Book Festival: Link. I enjoyed many of these sessions very much and others I missed in person and am catching up on this week.

My favorite presentation was the Ari Berman discussion about voting rights. I think this is a panel everyone needs to pay attention to.

If you're an NPR and Morning Edition fan, you might enjoy Steve Inskeep's discussion of his new book, Jacksonland. I watched this online because I was in another panel, but I got to meet Steve at his last Texas Book Festival appearance in 2013 and it was so nice to meet the man whose voice I hear in my car 5 days a week. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: BookTV/C-SPAN Coverage of Texas Book Festival

Love Texas and love, love, love book fairs. 

Our local (twice a year) book fair starts tomorrow and ends Saturday evening. "Smith County Medical Society Alliance", in other words our town's Dr.s wives charitable work for many many decades now. 

This will be the 46th year to do a book fair for raising money for the needy in our city.  I got a nice surprise on the 40th anniversary of the fair there was a huge chocolate cake for us all to enjoy while searching for our book finds.  Books and cake!

I love to go get big grocery store bags full of books for a $1.00 and then try and find a place to keep them once I am home.

Happy Reading from Texas!!!!!!!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."