Honored Contributor

Book featuring Biltmore Estate

[ Edited ]

I'm reading "Murder in the Reading Room," by Ellery Adams.  It features the Biltmore Estate of North Carolina as one of its important settings.

I had expected it to be a cozy mystery but it is a cut above that category. 

This book is also 5th in the series (with more to come) so I'll be reading the earlier novels to be better versed on the background.

A young woman, Jane Steward, manager of Storyton Hall in Virginia, believes her missing boyfriend is at Biltmore, and the story intensifies from there.  

I recommend it because the other night, after reading it before bed, I had some related and very positive dreams so I wish that as well for anyone else reading the series.  Sweet dreams! 

Image result for murder in the reading room

Image result for biltmore estate

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Re: Book featuring Biltmore Estate

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach  You might enjoy reading this too about the Biltmore House - "This is as much a story about the creation of Biltmore House as it is a window into what it was like to be an American at the turn of the 20th century. Kiernan makes Edith and George Vanderbilt, among the wealthiest Americans at the time, feel like living, breathing human beings navigating life's obstacles in this magnificent book. And she tells the story of how one fiercely devoted woman was able to save the home her husband loved." Author: -Kate Andersen Brower, author FIRST WOMEN: The Grace & Power of America's Modern First Ladies and THE RESIDENCE: Inside the Private World of the White House:

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @alliswell 

That's a great recommendation. 

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach   Perceptive statement about your dreams.  This is exactly why I am conscious about activities that take place close to bed time.  (Although dreams can be reflective of any stage in our life.)  The book sounds interesting....enjoy!

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach Speaking of dreams, I constantly dream of roller skating, although it is not confined to a skating rink, in my dreams I'm skating everywhere, even through an art museum.  It is the most enjoyable dream where I visit with loved ones and people who have passed from my "awake" state.

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach , I love North and South Carolina! Nthanks for the recommendation.  Does this come in ebook or is it hardcover only?  LM

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom wrote:

@GingerPeach , I love North and South Carolina! Nthanks for the recommendation.  Does this come in ebook or is it hardcover only?  LM

Both, @Lilysmom 

I'm reading this one in paperback, but have ordered the first four for my Kindle. This one is an ebook, too.

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach , awesome!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach @Just put a hold on  Murder in the Reading Room at the library.  LM

Honored Contributor

Thank you for these recommendations.  Coincidentally, I will be visiting the Biltmore soon.  I have been before but going again.  I just picked up the book The Last Castle at library.  They can order Murder in Reading Room so I will put my name on for that after finishing The Last Castle.

I am always looking for good book tips ....thanks again.