Contributor

Are there any QVC watchers who belong to book clubs meeting in public places in philly and surrounding suburbs

Respected Contributor

@bookwriter, I can't answer your question directly, but suggest you check out your local libraries.  They frequently have book clubs these days.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Contributor

Thanks peaches I'll do that!

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@bookwriter, I can't answer your question directly, but suggest you check out your local libraries.  They frequently have book clubs these days.

I agree with this. I know we also have a local bookstore that has MANY different book clubs that meet once a month at the store. There are several for. one for history buffs, one to read or reread required books from school lists, one for new authors, and more. I believe that some Barnes & Nobles stores also have some book clubs.

One more place to check is Meetup.com. Meetup.com is a social site where you can find book clubs, board game groups, knitting groups, political groups, and much more. I've used Meetup to find all of those and it's been a great way to find people with similar interests. It used to be free, but the site started charging and groups charge dues now. Depending on the size of the group, you may pay anywhere from $1-10 dollars and it could be per meeting, per quarter, or per year. I've joined some groups where they take donations and others who let you join for free, but only people who pay dues can set up events.