Esteemed Contributor

Book Club On PB Q Forum Friends

[ Edited ]

A quick note. I will no longer be visting that site. I was still posting books that I had read and starting and closing the monthly thread.  Tonight I finished a book and went to post over there. I started receiving all types of warnings about a virus and it appeared to be from McAfee.  I use McAfee for protection, so I assumed the notifications were legitimate. There was a button to click to run a scan which I did assuming it was from my company.

It came up with all of these problems and told me that My subscription had ended, conveniently yesterday and to click another button. I knew right then that it was a scam. I know that I am paid up and protected.  I backed out, and went in through my link on my computer to run a scan, which was ran and no problems were detected.

I am not discouraging people from the other site. This was my experience and I  did not want to leave the readers on that site who post on the book forum without an explantion. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Book Club On PB Q Forum Friends

[ Edited ]

Valued Contributor

@icezeus  This was a scam, not virus, well reported on Proboards and the Q Forum in the later part of 2021. The messages I saw stopped when I installed an ad blocker. The one I use is uBlock Origin. Others use different ad blockers. I will also note that I use the free version of Bitdefender for antivirus on my laptop. I personally would never click on anything.

Honored Contributor

who is paying to read the PB forum?

Honored Contributor

I am over at Pro Board every day on the Royals thread and have experienced no problems. I save all my book posting for here.  The media itself cannot compete with the photos that LMT posts of the Royal family.  She as one thread she started back in Feb. right before the Jubilee and it is 70 + pages of photos of the Queen.  So many I had never seen. 

I hope your computer is o.k.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

??? @jackthebear 

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I am over at Pro Board every day on the Royals thread and have experienced no problems. I save all my book posting for here.  The media itself cannot compete with the photos that LMT posts of the Royal family.  She as one thread she started back in Feb. right before the Jubilee and it is 70 + pages of photos of the Queen.  So many I had never seen. 

I hope your computer is o.k.

@beckyb1012 @Xivambala 

My computer seems fine. I vaguely remember some people posting about problems with McAfee last year. 

I do not wish to take any chances, so for my peace of mind, I will not return to the site.

Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012   I stopped posting on that site quite a while ago (not because of any problems, I just like this forum better).  But in the meantime I lost my link on how to get there.  Since you still post there, can you tell me how to access that site?

Trusted Contributor

I like this board better too but I still worry that QVC will shut it down.

Valued Contributor