Respected Contributor

Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty

Really enjoyed the book - evidently they made a limited series of it on HBO.  The story starts out months before an accident happens, then weeks before, then days before - about 3 women and how their lives intertwine.  I thought I knew what was going to happen at the end, but the ending really surprised me.  Like how at the end of each chapter they have people in the town talking to each other discussing the "accident" - giving you little hints along the way.  I can see how they could stretch this out and make it a limited series. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty

@hoosieroriginal, if you don't have HBO and you have someone who could get you the seven-part series on disc, I can't recommend it highly enough.  It is superb.  This week is the last part.  After "Olive Kitteridge" it is my favorite adaptation of a book, ever.  Both on HBO.

Here's a great thread from TV discussing the series:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/TV-and-Movies/Big-Little-Lies-opinions/m-p/3540023#M165780

Respected Contributor

I'm #1 on the waiting list at the library, so I won't read any of these messages in case there are spoilers. 

Honored Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

I'm #1 on the waiting list at the library, so I won't read any of these messages in case there are spoilers. 

@Catty2, don't open any of them!  The one that says "no spoilers" is now full of spoilers!!!  Enjoy the book and then the miniseries and let us know what you thought!