Regular Contributor

Re: Best ebook subscription service

I have found some good free books on Book Bub and Freebooksy.

Esteemed Contributor

@sward05 , I am not looking for free books as much as I am looking for current good books with a fairly substantial library.

Based on the feedback so far, I am not optimistic such a service exists.  LM

Trusted Contributor

Hi @Lilysmom ,

Early Bird Books is another e-book service that is out there. 

It has submit buttons available for the places underneath the name of the book, so that you can go and click on where you'd like to purchase the book.

Esteemed Contributor

@Toppers3 , thanks, will check it out.  LM

Honored Contributor

Scribd.com, $8.99 monthly for ebooks, articles, audiobooks...........

Esteemed Contributor

@SydneyH , thank you!  LM

Respected Contributor

The only subscription services I use are Kindle Unlimited and Audible.

I don't know if these are all available in Canada, but you can sign up for free services like Freebooksy, Book Riot, and Book Bub. They do not have books, but they all send out lists of ebooks on sale on Amazon and a few other sites.

Book Riot's list has better quality books than some of the others, but they have few free books and the books are mostly between 99 cents and 9 dollars. They're often books you'll have heard of before.

Freebooksy's list is almost entirely free with a couple of books for under $2.00. You tell the service which genre(s) you like, and it sends a (near) daily list of free books in your chosen genre(s). Many of them are titles and authors I've never heard of before and some of them are not very good, but there are some gems in there and I've come across a few cozy mystery authors I've really enjoyed and have downloaded several of their books after reading a book I got from Freebooksy.

Book Bub is somewhere in between Book Riot and Freebooksy in terms of books. You cannot choose genres like Freebooksy, most of the books are on deep discount, but not free. The lists are a mix of books I've heard of and books I've never heard of.

I'd recommend Freebooksy and Book Riot over Book Bub, but you lose nothing if you sign up for all of them. My friend in Toronto loves Book Riot, so I know that one is available in Canada. Not sure about the others.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alison Wonderland , thank you for these suggestions.  I am aware of Book Bub.

This is a good thread for anyone looking for sites that offer ebooks.  LM

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Alison Wonderland , thank you for these suggestions.  I am aware of Boob Bub.

This is a good thread for anyone looking for sites that offer ebooks.  LM

I'm laughing at your typo because I made the exact same error several times and had to keep correcting it before I clicked Reply. They picked a terrible name.

Esteemed Contributor

@Alison Wonderland , totally missed that lol.  I went back to correct it but let it live on in your post so others will get a chuckle like I did!

Happy reading.  LM