Honored Contributor

Have been reading this on my Kindle Paperwhite and made the mistake of reading quite a bit just before bed time.

It's based on facts regarding the Tennessee Children's Home Society (don't have it in front of me but I think that's the name).

Some of this is so disturbing I can't sleep. It's 3:30 a.m. in WA state and I tossed and turned for an hour so just decided to get up for awhile.

The stories are based on true facts and accounts of children who were sold to celebrity and wealthy parents.

You can get a sample of it and see what you think.  So I'm off to bed to maybe get some sleep, but I don't know.

It's a fascinating read and obviously it's really gotten under my skin and into my brain cells.

The author did extensive research on this scandal.

Respected Contributor

I absolutely loved this book.  I resisted reading it for a long time - thought it would be too disturbing.  And parts of it certainly were.  But it was ultimately very uplifiting.  

Honored Contributor

Iloved this book as well. It was a hard read at first, but such a good book. My co worker just finished reading it and really liked it as well...  

Honored Contributor

I read this one when it was a new release way back in 2017 and it still is with me.  Hard book on the heart but it was so good.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

My Book Club "Pages for Paws"  read and discussed this book last year. It was a good one for the club to read. We often get side tracked about our pets and the Humane Society which I dont mind. We havent met since March and summer is too busy plus no library meeting room. I am not sure if it will continue, as only six of us.One of the members prices books for the Humane Society Thrift Store and recommended the book.

Esteemed Contributor

It is on my tag list on Libby, but I didn't realize it was so hard to digest.  Will have to remember that.  Now I want to move it up the list.

Esteemed Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

It is on my tag list on Libby, but I didn't realize it was so hard to digest.  Will have to remember that.  Now I want to move it up the list.

@Still Raining  --  I know exactly what you mean. I read it last year, and certain parts are still in my mind, on and off. Although it was quite upsetting, I'm not sorry I read it. Excellent writing. I just wish it was fiction and not real life.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett