Respected Contributor

Re: BOOKS: when an audio book is better!

Speaking of audio books, does anyone know if I can hook up my Kindle to listen to through a device with better sound quality, like my Bose?

Respected Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

Speaking of audio books, does anyone know if I can hook up my Kindle to listen to through a device with better sound quality, like my Bose?

I don't know but the amazon echo will play audible books now.

Respected Contributor

I really enjoyed the audio book Seveneves by Neal Stephenson but I have to be honest I don't think everyone will like it.   I borrowed it from the library and it is 32 hours I plan on buying it from audible in the future because I want to own it and listen to it again.  I see on audible a lot of reviews didn't like the narration but I thought it was perfect.   At the library I looked at the hardback and the inside flap illustrations and think it would be great if they came out with an illustrated edition.

Product Details

I also enjoyed  Finders Keepers by Stephen King as a audio book and will be on the lookout for more books narrated by Will Patton.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:
The reader of the "Murder She Wrote" series sounds so much like Angela Lansbury. I sometimes think I listening to the TV show.

Shoekitty said

Hi AuntG.  I woud love to listen to the audio cd's, as I am an audio bookaddict .  I have to have a book going in the car.  However, I looked them up on Amazon and most were 85 bucks?  Where did you get yours?  In fact that was used .  One started new at 2,300????  I take it they are all out of production.  My library does not have them

Honored Contributor

For me any of the alphabet mysteries by Sue Grafton, read by Judy Kaye are fabulous listening.  As I said, I listen to tons of audio books, and these really stand out in my mind.  The new Sus Grafton X is for..... will arrive August 25!!  I preordered.  I am so excited!

I really enjoyed the  50 year celebration audio book of To kill a Mockingbird read by Sissy Spacek

Honored Contributor

My local library has some "Murder She Wrote" audiobooks that I've checked out. I think the reader is Cynthia Darlow.
Respected Contributor

I always get my audio books from the library. Sometimes they have to be sent from another branch, but they do arrive eventually.

Respected Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

I really enjoyed the audio book Seveneves by Neal Stephenson but I have to be honest I don't think everyone will like it.   I borrowed it from the library and it is 32 hours I plan on buying it from audible in the future because I want to own it and listen to it again.  I see on audible a lot of reviews didn't like the narration but I thought it was perfect.   At the library I looked at the hardback and the inside flap illustrations and think it would be great if they came out with an illustrated edition.

Product Details

lovescats, I don't normally like audiobooks.  Not sure why.  It seems like my mind wanders.  But this is one book that maybe I would have liked better if it was being read to me. 
Respected Contributor

Thanks!  I have not yet hooked up my Echo, so it's great to know I can use it to listen to my audio books.

Respected Contributor

Born with Teeth by Kate Mulgrew.   She reads it herself. Kirkus rated this book don't bother another reason not to trust reviews.   I felt she was very honest.  Her father worked for JFK.

Product Details