Respected Contributor

Audition, a Memoir by Barbara Walters

My friend loaned me her book because my sister had read this and said it was great - It's a big book and will take me awhile to get through - but am loving it so far - this woman lived 5 lives!  What an fascinating life she has had!  Very interesting and I highly recommend.  5 stars!  I can almost hear Barbara's voice as I read through the print.  This book has been out for a few years, but since hearing my sister talk about it, I've always wanted to read it.  Glad I am.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Audition, a Memoir by Barbara Walters

I agree!  Great read from what I remember.  I think I read it right after it came out.  Fascinating life!  I was hooked and finished it in a weekend while on vacation.

Honored Contributor

Listened to the audiobook.  I sure haven't heard much about her, not even for the inaugural.  Makes me wonder if stories about her having memory issues are true.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh I hope not! She's always been one of my favorites.
"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

I just finished the book and must say it was a wonderful read.  I know it has been out many years, but it is well worth it.  She is an amazing woman who has traveled the world, forged a path for women in the news media, and has done just about everything.  I thoroughly enjoyed the book - 5+ stars!