Super Contributor

I listen to more books rather than read and have read through most of Overdrives books.  I like mystery and thrillers.  Anything out there with an American theme/genre?

Honored Contributor

Re: Audiobook recomendations

My favorites come from my library. I type 'overdrive listen' in the search bar and over ten thousand choices come up. Of course, not every book is available so sometimes I have to put a hold on them. Right now I'm going through the Lake Eden series (the Hallmark movies series, Murder, She Baked is based on these mysteries).

Frequent Contributor

I alternate between my library that also has over 10k available and my kindle unlimited.  I  never at a loss to find a book to listen to. 

Are you using your local free library site?

Esteemed Contributor

@chips wrote:

I listen to more books rather than read and have read through most of Overdrives books.  I like mystery and thrillers.  Anything out there with an American theme/genre?

Psychological thrillers are my favorite genre! Well, that and sappy romantic love stories, lol. I don't like horror stories--stabbing, torture, etc. are not for me--but I love to be on the edge of my seat, so to speak, and really love an ending that's not too predictable. 

Not knowing your personal taste here is a list of a few thrillers I've recently enjoyed. I think most, if not all, are available as audiobooks though you will likely have to go on waitlist for some of them. 

WRONG ALIBI by Christina Dodd

THE WIFE UPSTAIRS by Rachel Hawkins

PRETTY LITTLE WIFE by Darby Kane

THE NANNY by Gilly MacMillan

THE FIRST HUSBAND by MacGarvey Black

I'm currently reading STRANGER INSIDE by Laura Benedict.

I don't know if any of these will appeal to you but, for the most part, they did manage keep my interest to the end. Good luck on your quest and happy listening! 

Honored Contributor

I listen to audiobooks almost exclusively and I get a lot of ideas off the monthly "What are you Reading" threads since most book are available on audio these days. 

Frequent Contributor

I enjoyed the vacation by t.m. Logan on audiobook.  It is set in France, but was good.  Also the hunting party by Lucy foley was a great audiobook but is set in Scotland.  I also listened to the nypd red series by Patterson on audiobook.

Respected Contributor

I love audiobooks. However, I basically listen to them while I'm driving, and I haven't gone out that much this year.

I have to get back into the swing of things!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Thank you all. You have upped my game!  I frequently use this forum for recommendations and try to find audio versions.  đź’“

Frequent Contributor

Does your library have free access to hoopla?  I have found them to be better for mystery thriller books than overdrive.  I enjoy Vince Flynn, David Baldacci, and Brad Thor.