Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

so it's basically 1 book a month for 15$?

hmm

unfortunately the books I want to listen to are not available from my library or free 

The basic membership is one credit a month for $14.95. You can also get two credits a month for more. They always have an additional "buy 3 credits for $35.88" which winds up being $11.96 a credit. Some people do an annual membership and pay $149.50 and get all 12 credits upfront, which winds up being $12.42 per credit.

You can use that credit each month on a book or save it (they roll over for up to one year).

Membership also includes:

• 2 free Audible Originals a month.
  • Discounts on all books 
  • Access to sales. 

They have frequent sales. Last month they had hundreds of books on sale for $5 each. They have one Daily Deal a day that might be anywhere from $2-8. Some sales are BOGO, where you spend one credit and get 2 books. Other times they might list hundreds of books that are the first of a series. 

so it's still just one book for a month for $15?  that's the answer I am not getting?  if I want another there I would pay face value of the audiobook?

I have Kindle Ultd now , but Trollope is not free for audio

Respected Contributor

Re: Audible who has this?

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

hmm

unfortunately the books I want to listen to are not available from my library or free 

The basic membership is one credit a month for $14.95. You can also get two credits a month for more. They always have an additional "buy 3 credits for $35.88" which winds up being $11.96 a credit. Some people do an annual membership and pay $149.50 and get all 12 credits upfront, which winds up being $12.42 per credit.

You can use that credit each month on a book or save it (they roll over for up to one year).

• Discounts on all books 
  • Access to sales. 

They have frequent sales. Last month they had hundreds of books on sale for $5 each. They have one Daily Deal a day that might be anywhere from $2-8. Some sales are BOGO, where you spend one credit and get 2 books. Other times they might list hundreds of books that are the first of a series. 

so it's still just one book for a month for $15?  that's the answer I am not getting?  if I want another there I would pay face value of the audiobook?

@jackthebear, I don't know what you mean by "face value." As I listed above, members can purchase additional books at a discounted rate. If you are not logged in as a member, you see the MSRP price (maybe that's your face value), let's say $28 for The Bookish Life of Nina Hill. As a member, I could pay $19.60 for the same book because of the discount.

Or you can wait for a sale or buy 3 extra credits for $11.96 each and get the book for $11.96. not $19.60 OR $28.00

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Audible who has this?

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

hmm

• Discounts on all books 
  • Access to sales. 

@jackthebear, I don't know what you mean by "face value." As I listed above, members can purchase additional books at a discounted rate. If you are not logged in as a member, you see the MSRP price (maybe that's your face value), let's say $28 for The Bookish Life of Nina Hill. As a member, I could pay $19.60 for the same book because of the discount.

Or you can wait for a sale or buy 3 extra credits for $11.96 each and get the book for $11.96. not $19.60 OR $28.00

@jackthebear  You "buy" the books with credits. That's what you're spending money on...credits. You can "roll over" the credits. You don't have to use them every month.  Sometimes I'll have a credit when I get another (they're automatic). I don't mind having an extra or two for those books that comes out of nowhere that I want. 

eta...I love the audible originals.  A wide range of topics.  One I've gotten was about Madoff...Ponzi Supernova (IIRC) was the title.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I'm considering getting it. 

My newest Kindle has Audible and I just ordered  "bluetooth bone conduction behind the head wireless headphones."   

I wear hearing aids and my audiologist just yesterday recommended these.  I had asked him about it a few months ago, and he did some research for me.  

I bought the audio for one book and after the headphones arrive and they work satisfactorily ....  I may subscrbe.  

Even if I don't subscribe - more than likely I'll buy the Audible versions for some of the Kindle books I buy.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear  You "buy" the books with credits. That's what you're spending money on...credits. You can "roll over" the credits. You don't have to use them every month.  Sometimes I'll have a credit when I get another (they're automatic). I don't mind having an extra or two for those books that comes out of nowhere that I want. 

eta...I love the audible originals.  A wide range of topics.  One I've gotten was about Madoff...Ponzi Supernova (IIRC) was the title.

that is the part that is unclear to me

decided against it for now