Honored Contributor

I can get a trial from Az

but what is the deal once that's done, 

can you only get one book/month for $15 , not interested in the Audible Originals what so ever?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Audible who has this?

[ Edited ]

@jackthebearI had Audible for 3+ years and I actually just canceled it. I have download several books but I just don't listen to it enough to make sense.  Yes, 1 book per month plus the Audible Originals which I have no interest in either.  You do "earn" 1 Audible credit per month which can be used to purchase new audiobooks.  But at 14.95/month, I haven't gotten that value out of it.  

Contributor

I have Audible because I am addicted to audiobooks when I am in the car. I listen to only books and never the radio so I don't have Sirius. If you know you enjoy listening to books, then it is less expensive to get a package of 12 per year than to pay monthly. You may even get a better rate by calling customer service to ask. If you are undecided, you could try it for a month or two to see how you like it before you buy a package. My husband has a smartphone now and he is learning to use it as well. It is approx $16 per month with tax but you can purchase additional book credits for about $10 to $12 when they offer sales. There are also many free books to try.

Honored Contributor

I just buy a book when I am in the mood.  I don't read/listen enough to pay a monthly fee.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I normally get audiobooks from the library but have wondered about subscribing to Scribd.  

Trusted Contributor

I am also addicted to audiobooks when I drive, walk, or bike.  I get books from Chirp (cheap!), the library (free!), and Audible.  I will keep Audible for a few months now that my free trial has lapsed, to see if it is an advantage to me.

Honored Contributor

so it's basically 1 book a month for 15$?

hmm

unfortunately the books I want to listen to are not available from my library or free 

Respected Contributor

love Audible. I've finished 9 books this year and 8 of those were Audible books. I listen while I commute to and from work, color my hair, use a face mask, deep condition my hair, while I do laundry and make the bed, make dinner, etc. 

I get one credit a month for the $15 and also take advantage of the frequent sales, plus the free Audible originals. 

If you have Kindle Unlimited, some of those include the audio version.

Right now I have a trial membership for Audible Escapes, which is like Kindle Unlimited but for Audible romance novels. I rarely read romance, but it includes some MC Beaton and Jane Austen novels and I'm listening to those during my trial. I don't think I'll keep Audible Escapes and I wish they had something like that for mysteries. You can get Audible Escapes as an add-on to an Audible Membership or join Escapes as a standalone service.

Audible had a challenge for members this year and they're giving away a $20 Amazon gift card to any members who completed 3 audiobooks of at least 3 hours between January 1 and March 3.

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

so it's basically 1 book a month for 15$?

hmm

unfortunately the books I want to listen to are not available from my library or free 

The basic membership is one credit a month for $14.95. You can also get two credits a month for more. They always have an additional "buy 3 credits for $35.88" which winds up being $11.96 a credit. Some people do an annual membership and pay $149.50 and get all 12 credits upfront, which winds up being $12.42 per credit.

You can use that credit each month on a book or save it (they roll over for up to one year).

Membership also includes:

• 2 free Audible Originals a month.
  • Discounts on all books 
  • Access to sales. 

They have frequent sales. Last month they had hundreds of books on sale for $5 each. They have one Daily Deal a day that might be anywhere from $2-8. Some sales are BOGO, where you spend one credit and get 2 books. Other times they might list hundreds of books that are the first of a series. 

Honored Contributor

I love the Audible app and have gotten some really good deals on the books. They often have sales for $4-5. I think there are cheaper services like Scrib'd but I'm used to this app so I haven't looked into it.