Trusted Contributor

Are you ringing in 2020 with a book?

DH and I were both under the weather today, and are both reading in the New Year (instead of rocking in the . . .). Perfect way to start a new decade, in my opinion. So Happy New Year to all of my fellow readers.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are you ringing in 2020 with a book?

I enjoy reading cozy mysteries.

Respected Contributor

My new cookbook.

Snoop Dogg From Crook to Cook

My son got it for me for Christmas!

Respected Contributor

Yes, will spend part of the evening reading.  I'm currently reading The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary.  I'm about half way through and it's very good.  Happy New Year! 

Honored Contributor

I just started " Save Me The Plums," by Ruth Reichl. It is about her time as editor in chief of Gourmet Magazine. She is a wonderful food writer and story teller.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Yes, I'll be settling in with "The Lying House" very shortly!! Happy New Year, everyone!!!📖🎊🎉
Honored Contributor

My eyes won't stay open so no reading any more this year.

Esteemed Contributor

Spencerville - Nelson DeMille. It's about a bully and his childhood town - and other things. Kept my interest -- can't stand bullies

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Spencerville - Nelson DeMille. It's about a bully and his childhood town - and other things. Kept my interest -- can't stand bullies

@jeanlake- Nelson DeMille is one of my very favorite authors. Spencerville is one of his earliest books. I have it in an old paperback which I'd never be able to read now. From your description, I don't remember it but I think I'd like to read it now. I'll have to see if my e-library carries it. Thanks for the heads-up.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

I'm currently plowing through the Michael Connelly series on Harry Bosch, a police detective.  He also wrote the Lincoln Lawyer, which was one of my favorite movies with Matthew McConaughey.