Trusted Contributor

Are you reading over the holidays?

[ Edited ]

This time of year, we all seem to be so busy, with no time for our favorite relaxing activities. Reading is one of my passions, but last week's busy schedule pretty much had no time for much reading. Things have quieted down now, so I'm back at it and happy to once again be in my reading cave. In fact, I think I'll head down to my local library tomorrow to pick up some more books in the John Sanford series that I'm reading. Will probably welcome 2020 curled up in my comfy chair with a big old book.

Honored Contributor

Re: Are you reading over holidays?

Even if I'm busy I always find time to read, it is my favorite pastime. 📚📚📚

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Even if I'm busy I always find time to read, it is my favorite pastime. 📚📚📚

@QVCkitty1  - Me too! I can't ever NOT read! Last night I finished Blue Moon by Lee Child, another (and worst yet) Jack Reacher novel. I was totally disappointed with the book, and I doubt if I'll read any new Jack Reacher books he writes. But...as soon as I closed the book, I looked for my next selection to start reading.

Once I'm done here, I'm going to go read a little more. Happy New Year!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

@sunala I just finished Blue Moon. I always read the next Jack Reacher, but I quit buying them. I waited on this from the library.

I didn't hate it, but Lee may be out of ideas. 

Before that I read The Giver Of Stars by Jojo Moyes. It was really good.

Listening to a book by Andrew Mayne called Angel Killer. It is interesting. He has an FBI agent that was a magician & she has an interesting way of solving the murder/.

Respected Contributor

I'm always reading, some days more than others.  Today I returned 3  books to the library and checked out 3 more. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Are you reading over the holidays?

Yes, always find time to read!!!! 📖
Honored Contributor

I just finished the Dr. Stanley book I got for Christmas. I wanted to read it slowly but was so interesting.  I will go back and re-read some sections! I always read no matter what is happening.  It is my happy place!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

About two weeks ago I started reading the "Isle of Man Cozy Ghostly" series by Diana Xarissa.  I am now on book #11 and don't know what I'll do when I finish #13!  

Fenella has inherited her Aunt Mona's estate on the Isle of Man.  And along with the apartment, Aunt Mona's ghost!  Fenella has a way of discovering dead bodies and a friendship with a local Inspector quickly developes.  

These are easy to read and very entertaining books that I am so happy to have discovered!  While there is a ghost in each book, she is more of a character in the book that you come to love. Each book is only 225 to 250 pages, readable in 4 hours or so.  And the happy plus is they only cost $2.99 each from Amazon. 

if anyone decides to give this series a try, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.