Honored Contributor

Anyone read Murder of Miranda?

[ Edited ]

This book was written in the early 1940's by a Canadian woman, Margaret Millar.  She was married to a famous mystery writer, Ross McDonald. 

The book is unique (for the time it was written)  It had as a hero, a Hispanic Detective.  There are several Gay characters, a sleazy life guard and a pair of sisters aged 28 and 30 who act like 13 & 15 years old.

You never knew what direction this book would take and it has total surprise ending out of left field.  So the book has elements of mystery and black comedy.  Just a novel with everything thrown in. Great book and has since become a minor classic.  It is still in print, but I couldn't get it the library.  So I purchased the book.

The title has a double meaning, so keep that in mind reading it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone read Murder of Miranda?

[ Edited ]

@songbird  what happened to your post about The Murder Of My Aunt?  I was looking it up to see if my library had it and the next thing I knew, your post was gone???

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@smoky22 wrote:

@songbird  what happened to your post about The Murder Of My Aunt?  I was looking it up to see if my library had it and the next thing I knew, your post was gone???

LOL.  I don't know what happened!  I think I accidentally  took it off.  I was merging the two posts together.  They are both books with double meanings in the titles

Anyway it's a good book!

Respected Contributor

I have never heard of the title and it sounds interesting. I just finished reading another series and this may be something I take a look at. Hopefully, it's on Amazon unlimited!

Honored Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

I have never heard of the title and it sounds interesting. I just finished reading another series and this may be something I take a look at. Hopefully, it's on Amazon unlimited!

I got in Amazon (from one of the "grog" shops.  A hardback.