Respected Contributor

Re: Anybody here read Me by Elton John?

@Venezia Yes, I'd really be interested in hearing your review of the book, so hope you do post that.

The comparison I was making with Paris and the Kardashians is that their fame came from being 'personalities',  Elton and M. Ali obviously achieved fame through talents and accomplishments.    All are successful, just a very different thing (to me anyway).  Also, just remembered aother connection of sorts, if my memory serves me correctly both Kim (and the kardashians) and Paris were launched into the public's awareness by the release of a sex tape.  Both are rumored to have been strategic, but who knows for sure, maybe it was something done to them that they were able to capitalize on. 

Do you remember Paris trademarked the phrase "that's hot".?  lol.   

I do of course think Paris has matured and grown - happy that's she's found love now.  And I would be interested in hearing your review of the book.

@Venezia wrote:

@moonandthestars - I just got the book.  If I remember, after I finish it, I'll come back and let you know what I think.

I don't really see a comparison between her and the Kardashians though, but that's just my opinion.  I think perhaps the trauma she went through, when she was younger, likely affected how she appeared to the outside world.  Often it's a defense mechanism.

I think (like most of us) she's matured as she got older.  It will be interesting (to me at least) to see what the book is like.

Respected Contributor

I loved it.  I'm a big Elton John fan and enjoyed every page of this book and learned so much about him that I didn't even know. 

Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars - I finished Paris Hilton's book and I have to say, I enjoyed it.  I found it hard to get into for the first few chapters, but after that found it very interesting.

What was done to her as a teenager was appalling and I can't imagine personally ever recovering from that.  As for the scumbag man (supposedly loved her?) who released that private sex tape (that he convinced her, while an insecure teenager, to do) - well, I know what I'd want to do with him.  And to profit from it?  No words.  (Well, I have many, but they're not printable.)

Everyone would have to make up his/her own mind after reading the book.  However, I think she's done well to build the life she now has.  Definitely not the entitled, lazy social butterfly that social media loves to portray.

But that's just my opinion.  I said I'd come back and let you know what I thought.

Respected Contributor

I loved Elton's book.  You learn all about him as a real person, not the persona he puts on at concerts.  His talent is enormous, it's amazing he survived the wild years in his industry but he takes us along for that ride and it is delicious, crazy, sobering. and sweet.

Honored Contributor

Haven't read the book, but enjoyed the movie Rocketman.