Trusted Contributor

I just finished "Fool Me Once" and I enjoyed it. He has never disappointed & is one of my favorite authors. Anyone else read this one? I highly recommend all of his books. 

Valued Contributor

@Tribesters. "Fool Me Once" was my first Harlan Corben novel & it was a doozie!  I didn't see that ending coming at all.

I've not had a book that kept me up till all hours because I couldn't put it down for a long time.  This was one! 🙂

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Trusted Contributor

@3cupcakes wrote:

@Tribesters. "Fool Me Once" was my first Harlan Corben novel & it was a doozie!  I didn't see that ending coming at all.

I've not had a book that kept me up till all hours because I couldn't put it down for a long time.  This was one! 🙂

Yes- that's the best part about his books! They're hard to put down & you seldom predict the ending. One of these days I might read all his books again. I think Linwood Barclay has a similar writing style. Have you read any of his books? 

Valued Contributor

@Tribesters  No, I'm not familiar w/Linwood Barclay, tho now I'll be sure to have a look for his books.

i do know I will read more Harlan Coben!  🙂

Thanks for the new author tip!  happy reading!

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Respected Contributor

I read his books a few years ago and really enjoyed them.  I should check to see if he has anything new.

Respected Contributor

The first few books by Coben were the best books.  Unfortunately, the last one I read was a huge disappointment.  It seems to follow the James Patterson formula.  Write a few good books, get popular, get a contract, churn out books according to the publisher's schedule and contract, hire other people to do the writing.  $$$

Respected Contributor

I didn't like the new one.  It started out OK, but it went downhill from the middle on to the end, IMO.  The plot became tiresome. I was disappointed, expected much better from him.

Esteemed Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

The first few books by Coben were the best books.  Unfortunately, the last one I read was a huge disappointment.  It seems to follow the James Patterson formula.  Write a few good books, get popular, get a contract, churn out books according to the publisher's schedule and contract, hire other people to do the writing.  $$$

@maximillian@LoriLori@, I made these same comments about James Patterson to @LoroLori in What Are You Reading, April.. Sad to see Coben join the bunch.  LM

Honored Contributor

Yes, I like him. I like the Mickey Bolitar ones the best. I think there are only three of those though. I agree that his latest aren't that great. Not nearly as bad as Patterson though.

Respected Contributor

Re: Any Harlan Coben fans?

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ, it's Myron Bolitar, not Mickey.  Here's the good news for you - there are 10 books on the series, not 3. You can find the titles here.