Honored Contributor

Re: Any Books You Just Couldn't Finish??

WHY would you struggle to finish a book?  If you don't enjoy it, if you aren't learning something or need to read the information, why keep going?  

There are too many wonderful books to waste time on things  you don't want to read.

Respected Contributor

(This might be long-apology now,lol). An aquanitence & local author wrote a 3 book series. The 1st book, I couldn't put down, until a little over 1/2 thru. I thought it was all true/non fiction. It was based on her family history during civil war times. When I realized it was only based on SOME true events, I was disappointed. Of course I had already bought the 2nd book & went on to start reading. The 2nd was trying to get all family/characters introduced, so the book moved very fast. Several pages were only details of hard labor & child birth. I quickly lost interest. I couldn't even start the 3rd book, I've had it over 6 months & have not even been interested. I feel bad for not leaving a review for her, but I was so disappointed I just couldn't. 

Super Contributor

To many to count.  But most recently, Lincoln on the Bardo by George Saunders. I tried print & audio & stille couldn't figure it out.

Trusted Contributor

My most recent was John Grisham's "King of Torts".  A Grisham-loving friend gave it to me, and I know he has legions of fans, but I had never read any of his books.  I struggled through about a hundred pages and realized I didn't like the character or the situation and wasn't expecting either to get any better, so I tossed it into the donate box.  Reminded me of the quote, "This is not a book that should be lightly tossed aside.  It should be thrown with great force."