Regular Contributor

Anxious to read Sally Field's book.

I ordered her book "In Pieces" from Amazon & think it sounds like a good read. Have always loved her as an actress too!

Honored Contributor

Re: Anxious to read Sally Field's book.

I saw she wrote a book. She said she was glad Burt won't be able to read what she wrote.???

Honored Contributor

I just started it today, while at the salon. I'm only a few pages in. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Definitely want to read her book! I am wondering what she says about Burt!

Regular Contributor

@meallen616 I saw her interview on Nightline with Diane Sawyer. Apparently he suffered from panic attacks & overall I think she felt like a caretaker for him. Hope we both enjoy the book!

Super Contributor

I guess the part where she describes humiliating facts about Burt Reynolds may be interesting to some, but the rest of it. . . meh.  Not a fan of Sally Field.

Respected Contributor

I like her but wouldn't pay the $ to read her book.  I'd get it at the library.  I also entered the Goodreads giveaway.  There aren't that many copies and a lot of entries but I might as well try.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

After her comments on Twitter I am not interested in anything she has to say.

Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

After her comments on Twitter I am not interested in anything she has to say.

Now I am interested in what she said on twitter.

Supposedly my (male) hairdresser's wife works for a man that owns a lot of properties and he said that Burt Reynolds died in one of his homes, and that he (Burt) was flat broke.  I will be listening to see if it is reported that he really was broke, because my hairdresser tells me a lot of crazy stuff, and I am never sure if I should believe him or not. 

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I'll buy her book.  Her telling a little about her formative years, Burt and her family with her drive to succeed in acting promises that the book will be a good read.

And thanks to @Janey2, I checked out Sally's Twitter feed and see her thoughts are delightful, kind, and caring about our society.  I'm now one of her 137 thousand Twitter followers.