Esteemed Contributor

@Anjalena, QVC/Mods

[ Edited ]

I see that you have moved my thread about Tana French and Dublin Murders to TV and Movies.

The reason I posted this in The Book Club as well as TV and Movies is because the series is based on a book series written by Tana French.  Many in the Book Club have read her and will be interested in the tv series based on her books.  They may not regularly read TV and movies.  I think you should restore the post.

TIA.  LM

Honored Contributor

Re: @Anjalena, QVC/Mods

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom,  I didn't see what transpired but just looking at the moderator's (@AnjalenaQVC's) post it says, "This post has been removed by QVC because it is a duplicate thread."   

If there were 2 threads, that was the problem since they don't allow what they call "cross-posting" the same thread in multiple sub-forums.   

I can understand your dilemma, since it's sometimes hard to choose just one place for a topic.   

They used to allow us to post duplicate threads, but that changed along the way.

If you want them to move the existing TV and Movies thread over here to Book Club, you can use the "report inappropriate" option on your original post there and in the explanation box just tell them you're the OP and you'd like to relocate the discussion.   I hope that's helpful.🌻

(from Community Guidelines, "Do not cross-post - Don’t make duplicate posts across different forums — it clogs things up and fractures the conversation." at https://community.qvc.com/t5/Welcome-Get-Started/Community-Guidelines/m-p/1856684#M2)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I think it's against their standards to have duplicate posts.  Maybe they'll make an exception for you.

Respected Contributor

There's a rule against duplicate posts. It wouldn't be difficult to create a new post that's similar, but not a duplicate.

Esteemed Contributor

@Alison Wonderland @Krimpette @dooBdoo , thanks for the feedback.  I will be informed next time.  ❤️LM