Honored Contributor

Amazon has made all Audible books free to kids, teens

https://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/?detailStory=audible-announces-new-site-free-streaming-titles-f...

No registration, no log in, thousands of titles from books for the littlies to Sherlock Holmes and Frankenstein and YA for the high school kids. 

I know other places have too and I chose this link because to the right of the article and link are even more resources.  Still, glad Amazon is stepping up.

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon has made all Audible books free to kids, teens

@LoriLori 

Thank you for the link. If you come across any other sites with free books or entertainment of any kind would you please notify me in the post please? 

Your post and link will help many families in our community.

Thank you 

Respected Contributor

Depending on your local library.......Hoopla, Kanopy or RB Digital for movies/videos/magazines. 

I have an out of state library card for Orange Co FL and I can get 10 free items per month on Hoopla, 5 movie credits on Kanopy per month and unlimited RB Digital Magazines. 

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@LoriLori 

Thank you for the link. If you come across any other sites with free books or entertainment of any kind would you please notify me in the post please? 

Your post and link will help many families in our community.

Thank you 

My pleasure @butterfly123 .  Can't help my own community (it's a mess) so very glad to help yours Smiley Happy

I can't find the link and hope Q didn't remove it but I'm sure I remember someone posting that library-something was making I think ebooks available for free?  Wish I knew details.

Then there are the publishes listed to the right of the link up top. 

But I hope someone can step in and publish that other link to ebooks!  

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori 

I wonder if it’s Open Library?

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123   Couldn't find that but found these.  I'm sure there are more:

ScribD (and one of the books they're showing is currently very popular, Saint X, so it's not just pubic domain stuff like some sites are "giving away" -- that's free anyway): 

Again, no registration or obligation and assume they'll extend it because this thing isn't going away in a month but one day at a time, amirite?

https://blog.scribd.com/home/2020/3/17/a-letter-from-the-scribd-ceo-to-our-community

There are others but because I don't use the ebook library system I'm not understanding what I'm seeing, like Overdrive/Libby app and I never heard of Open Library but I'm thinking when I get back here there will be more because this forum is so great Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123   

You're quite welcome.  Hoping by the time I visit this thread next there will be more and more đź’—

It's so hard to do nothing and such a pleasure to do something so thank you!