Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone read this book, and if so, did you like it?  I have just started it and it seems to be so fragmented.  Maybe it will all tie in soon.

Frequent Contributor

Re: All the Light We Cannot See

I love this book, it is one of my all time favorites.  So beautifully written.  For me, it all came together.  I highly recommended it to my friends and even bought the book to give as a gift to another friend.

Trusted Contributor

@Patriot3

Although I know it's hugely popular I could not get into that book at all and ending up pulling the bookmark.  I had thought I would really like it because I read many books centering around WWII and the Holocaust. If you like that type of book I highly recommend The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah.

Esteemed Contributor

I read All the Light We Cannot See”.

Keep reading it as it does all tie in and shows many facets of war.

I thought it was a wonderful book.

Respected Contributor

Like you I just couldn’t get into the book.

@Patriot3 wrote:

Has anyone read this book, and if so, did you like it?  I have just started it and it seems to be so fragmented.  Maybe it will all tie in soon.

Valued Contributor

@itsmetoo  I preferred The Nightingale as well.

Respected Contributor

Everybody I know who's read this book gives glowing remarks about it..

I've tried reading it a number of times, but always put it aside.

Maybe someday I'll try again.

Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3, interesting feedback!  Goodreads rates it 4.33.  Looks like you have company with the mixed reviews.  LM

Trusted Contributor

After reading the summary and some reviews, I've never had any desire to read it.  

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3  

When "All the Light We Cannot See" came out I was in a place where I couldn't and didn't read books about or set during the Holocaust.  That later changed and I got some great recs from this forum but --

-- my aunt, with whom I match up very well bookwise, told me to make an exception for this one because it's such an extraordinary book.

4.33 is about as high as reviews get on Goodreads.  Not sure I've ever seen one higher.

Amazon has 28,240 reviews which in iteself is extraordinary and 90 percent are positive, which is unheard of.

This is a very special book.  I say stick with it and it will stay with you forever.  Let us know.