Esteemed Contributor

Alexander Hamilton

[ Edited ]

I am watching a program about the Broadway play Hamilton and I'm fascinated. the subject of Broadway plays, hip-hop, etc. is not something that usually interests me but obviously Lin-Manuel Miranda is a genius. I know I will never see the play but he's made me want to learn more about Alexander Hamilton and I've forgetten everything I ever learned in school about him.

I'm sure there are probably thousands of books written about him , but can anyone recommend a great biography of Hamilton that you enjoyed reading?

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Super Contributor

Re: Alexander Hamilton

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle, Lin Manuel Miranda based the play after reading his biography by Ron Chernow. If you have Disney+, you can watch "Hamilton".  It's well worth it, I've watched it a few times. Rap/hip hop isn't my cup of tea but it's very entertaining but it is long. 

Honored Contributor

Read Chernow's book.  It is excellent. 

Respected Contributor

I have not read the book (yet) but I did see the play. (It played in our hometown a few years ago and is back for a second run) It was fabulous.  We are going to see it again in November!  If you ever get the chance go!!