Trusted Contributor

Re: After reading Spare, do you think Charles actually loved his sons?

I think he definitely loves his children.   But I don't think he knows how to show love because he wasn't shown any growing up.  The monarchy is very formal and strict.   He raised his sons as he was raised. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Travone wrote:

I think he definitely loves his children.   But I don't think he knows how to show love because he wasn't shown any growing up.  The monarchy is very formal and strict.   He raised his sons as he was raised. 

@Travone I agree. And thankfully he and Kate are doing it differently.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

I will not be reading it. 

I won't be reading it either. I'm not wasting my time or money on lies. He is so controlled by that nasty wife. Some day he may see the light but it may be too late. 

Trusted Contributor

@Travone wrote:

But yet look how warm and loving he is with the photos we have seen of him and Louis or with William. You can see a genuine love and warmth with Catherine and/or Charles and Camilla. You can't fake that. I can remember when Meghan said they were cold and not huggers. The interactions I have seen in video and photos show a warm comfortable family. Look through photos of Harry with Camilla. They are joking and laughing. All that changed when Meghan came on the scene.

Honored Contributor

prince charles with kids.jpg

have no doubt that he loves his sons.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Yes, but Megain had to interfere with all of her nonsense. She did everything in her power to destroy Harry's relationship with his family. She can't get along with her family so she decided he shouldn't get along with his either. She is one nasty, meanspirited lady who will manipulate others to get her way. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, Charles loves his sons.

Respected Contributor

King Charles loves his sons and they love their father. There should be no disputing that.  Prince Harry did not love that life as his mother did not, but that doesn't mean they didn't love their family.

Honored Contributor

@bhvbum   stated William wasn't "chosen", if Harry had been born first he would've been the "chosen."

He was chosen by birth order which made him more valuable and the object of more time with his father!! 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@OKPrincess I saved this book to read during a flight.  I gave up after 90 pages.  I thought it was awful.  Probably won't finish it.  LM