Honored Contributor

I seem to remember that years ago, and a few website updates ago, there was an actual book club here on Q's forums.  We took turns choosing a book to read, and would come back to discuss as one would in any other book club.

Am I imagining this or was there such a thing?

I think @sunala might remember.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Actual book club on the Q?

@GingerPeach wrote:

I seem to remember that years ago, and a few website updates ago, there was an actual book club here on Q's forums.  We took turns choosing a book to read, and would come back to discuss as one would in any other book club.

Am I imagining this or was there such a thing?

I think @sunala might remember.

@GingerPeach- I'm not sure but it's possible. Over the years the readers of QVC have tried to get a book club together, to no avail until we all started begging for one. This board is so special, but it took forever for the Q to work it out so we could have a place to discuss our books. 

I do remember discussing books online but it's hard to say where. There were some private book clubs arranged where we took turns picking a book. I remember having to read The Reader by Bernhard Schlink. I thought I'd hate it but it turned out to be one of my very favorite books.

Maybe somebody else will remember?

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Thank you, @sunala 

I am now remembering (but not sure in which forum it was - Among Friends, maybe?) - that it was difficult choosing a book all those interested would want to read.  I am also now remembering one of my choices was Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson.  It was the length of the book that put off many, I think.

In any event, thanks for the memory jog.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

I vaguely remember this too, and I believe the thread took an ugly turn.  That was the end of it, as I recall.