Honored Contributor

Re: AUGUST 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

@AuntG wrote:

@CareBears wrote:

Just finished The Stranger In The Mirror by Liv Constantine, what a good book!  I will not say too much as   it would give away the story line, but if you want a book full of action, this book is for you!

I know this is one @RetRN would like. I read a summary and it sounds good.

As soon as I read @CareBears post on this I went straight to my library site.  They do not have it.  Still only have "The Last Mrs. Parrish" she wrote several years ago.  That was my favorite book for the whole year when it came out.  I will keep checking for this one.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012  If it ever comes in your in for a wild ride with that book!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just finished My husband's Daughter by Emma Robinson, very good book!  How would you react when your husband's former girlfriend shows up at your front door with a 4 year old child, telling him he is the father, which he claims he never knew, and asks can they stay with them as she lost her lease and has no place to go!  This is where the book really speeds up, hard to put it down!

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished Riverbend Reunion by Carolyn Brown, very good book.  About family, friendship and a community coming together,to support people of all ages!

Respected Contributor

Just finished The Library of Lost and Found by Phaedra Patrick.  A pretty good read. 

Honored Contributor

I just ordered " French Braid " by Ann Tyler for my kindle. It sounds really good, have any of you read it ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I just ordered " French Braid " by Ann Tyler for my kindle. It sounds really good, have any of you read it ?

@QVCkitty1 

I enjoyed it as much as her others but I've read mixed reviews from others on some of my FB reading pages.

Trusted Contributor

Just read a book that probably very few people would read. It's titled THE FACEMAKER. I guess as an ex nurse I would be more interested that most people. It was about a Dr. in W.W. 1 was a pioneer in plastic surgery on injured soldiers. It actually had before and after pictures,,not pleasant but very interesting. On a much lighter subject I'm almost dome with SAVANNAH BLUES,by Mary

kay Andrews. I love her books about southern women. They actually make me laugh out loud! This one didn't disappoint. Waiting for the next episode to follow.

Esteemed Contributor

@NEvans2 wrote:

I read a book back in June called " The Collective". Unfortunately I can't remember the author's name. It's a relatively new book and was recommended to me by the manager of my local library. If you like a good thriller, this one's for you. Without giving too much away, it's about a group of mothers who have lost a child to violence and find each other on the dark web. I found the book to be a little disturbing, but I REALLY liked it. I couldn't start another book for a couple days after I finished it. I had to analyze it in my head for a couple days. Another one I really liked was "Wish You Were Here" by Jodi Picoult. There was a twist at the end of the book that I never saw coming. That is always a pleasant surprise for me. I've been reading for so long that a lot of times I can guess the ending.

@NEvans2 

Same with me. I really enjoyed Wish you were here and I did not see the twist coming either. It's rare for books to surprise me and this one did. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have just finished Imitation in Death (In Death, #17) by J.D. Robb.