Trusted Contributor

Re: AUGUST 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

I just finished Dead Against Her by Melinda Leigh. It's book 5 in the Bree Taggert mystery series. I enjoyed this book more than book 4. It held my attention so much that I stayed up late last night to finish it! It's been a while since a book made me miss out on sleep LOL. 

I've read a few duds this summer that aren't worth listing. 

Respected Contributor

I listened to Danielle Steele's Neighbors on an audiobook, really enjoyed it.  I like to listen to audiobooks while doing housework.

Honored Contributor

Finished The Good Sister! It was so good, I really liked it and felt like the author did such a good job with the complexity of it......I won't be reading for the next week, as I will be on vacation at a Church Retreat.

However when I return I will be starting The Housemaid by Freida McFadden!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Finished Elsewhere by Alex Schaitkin.  I really didn't like her first one Saint X but decided to give this a try.  It was better but weird.  It was classified as Sci Fi/Fantasy on Amazon.  I've never read anything sci fi but it was pretty good.

Trusted Contributor

Yesterday I finished The Recovery Agent by Janet Evanovich.  It was published in March of this year.  I bought it at my public library book store.  It is introducing a new character and probably a new series where the main character is a woman who investigates insurance fraud.  This book found her trying to find a Blackbird pirate treasure.  It was like reading an Indiana Jones romp fighting some really strange bad guys.  It was a quick, light read, but it seemed repetitious and had no depth whatsoever.  I do not recommend this book.

Honored Contributor

Sisters of Night and Fog -Erika Robuck. I read it because of a review here. Really good. WWll stuff based on real people. Too much happened to list here but if you like WWll books.............and if you start it and don't like it, hold on! It just keeps getting better.

Esteemed Contributor

This morning I finished The Gracious Neighbor by  Chris Cander, I

enjoyed this book until the ending, What A STUPID Ending,it made reading the book a total waste of time, the ending left more questions then answers! 

Trusted Contributor

Started a new book last night,just Fininshed it. THE HOUSEKEEPER by 

joy feilding. OMG,what a great read! Never read any of her books before,I'll be looking for more. A "can't put it down" book

Trusted Contributor

My latest reads were:

THE LIES I TELL by Julie Clark.  Good, but not great.  Another of those books that switch narrators every chapter, making it confusing at times.  This is about a woman who is trying to track down a female con artist and betray her to the world.  The author's previous book, The Last Flight was much better, I thought.

THE CHALLENGE by Danielle Steel - just so-so.  A group of seven kids are stuck on a mountain and need to be rescued.

Next up is Spencer Quinn's new book in the Chet and Bernie mystery series, BARK TO THE FUTURE.

@sandy53, I agree with you completely about Janet Evanovich's The Recovery Agent.  Very disappointing.  I thought the plot was a re-hash of that old movie, Romancing The Stone.

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished Killer words by V.M.  Burns, I enjoyed this book.  it is a cozy murder mystery with an author and owner of a bookstore, a charming sleuth seeker grandmother, a group of senior citizens, 2 dogs and other charming characters all working together as friends and a community,