Honored Contributor

Re: AUGUST 2021 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

Just thrift shopped and got 15 books of my once favorite author, Belva Plain.  So I plan to read those this winter, in fact I'm starting the first one soon, then I want to read the Harry Potter books.  So, I plan to add this to my hobbies and go back to enjoying my reading.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Just thrift shopped and got 15 books of my once favorite author, Belva Plain.  So I plan to read those this winter, in fact I'm starting the first one soon, then I want to read the Harry Potter books.  So, I plan to add this to my hobbies and go back to enjoying my reading.

Belva was the greatest, I so loved reading her books.  I may have to go back through all the ones again at the library.  I have read Harry twice.  You will enjoy all.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I finished 29 Seconds over the weekend, it was so good! I am really loving this author T.M. Logan! I think I have read almost all of his books in the last 2 months....They are very good thrillers....I started HE STARTED IT , By Samantha Downing, so far very good!

Valued Contributor

I went to the library hoping to find Deeper than the Dead by Tami Hoag but they didn't have it. So I checked out Cold Cold Heart instead. It was not good. There were a lot of loose ends.

Honored Contributor

Started August by reading the last three books in J.F. Riordan's series set on Washington Island, Wisconsin. In the July thread, I mentioned North of the Tension Line. The next books were The Audacity of Goats, Robert's Rules and A Small Earnest Question. While not filled with tons of excitement, there are some interesting characters and a few mysteries to figure out. I learned about yoga classes with goats, some things about small town government and that good triumphs over evil.

Respected Contributor

Another Danielle Steel read in one day.    Complications which comes out 8/17.  Typical read but enjoyable.  Her books always finish w/a happy ending.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@icezeus  thank you for this month's thread. Smiley Happy

@CareBears  I'm sorry your arm is causing you pain and discomfort.  Smiley Sad  I hope you are feeling better very soon. 

Kate Hewitt is a new author for me.  If you've read her before, which book should I start with?  Which one was your favorite?  Which one should I stay away from? 

Thanks for any suggestions. Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Super Contributor

I just finished a brick of a book called Napoleon: A Life by Andrew Roberts.  Loved it.

Now reading Moon of the Crusted Snow by Waubgeshig Rice.  So far so good.  It's a dystopian story that takes place on the Anishinaabe reservation.  

Respected Contributor

I give this book a 2 out of 5.  My favorite genre is psychological thrillers, locked room mysteries, Historical Fiction, however this book did not deliver.  Looooong chapters among a few other turn-offs.  I almost PTB.  

768E8218-8950-4AE9-9C1F-65FB86718423.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@kitty45 , just read the synopsis of Moon of the Crusted Snow.  Sounds very interesting!  Have marked it fir reading after I get through my current long read.  LM