Respected Contributor

Re: AUGUST 2021 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

@pateacher @The personal Librarian is based on true events. It is considered historical fiction or creative fiction.

Trusted Contributor

I read A Fistful of Collars by Spencer Quinn which was I believe number five in his Chet and Bernie series. Always a fun read. 

I also read The Library of Lost and Found by Phaedra Patrick which was a book I thoroughly enjoyed.

I enjoyed reading about the transformation of Martha's character throughout the book.

Also on another note-I haven't noticed @CareBears posting for awhile and she is normally a prolific reader. I hope that all is well.

I always enjoy seeing what she is reading as we seem to have similar taste-so I miss her posts.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Esteemed Contributor

@abbalulu My right arm that was affected by the stroke I had has really been acting up, typing is very painful, but I have continued to read, I just finished That Weekend by Kara Thomas, Wow what a book, so much action, leaving the reader sitting on the edge of their seat, I just finished and all I can do is shake my head in astonishment, 5 stars!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CareBears  I often wondered why you were not posting. I am glad you are back. Hopefully each day you find some relief.

Honored Contributor

@CareBears do you think That Weekend would be appropriate for a fifteen year old girl? She's an avid reader who is smart and sensible (not one to get scared or have nightmares). 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just finished The Hour of the Witch, Chris Bohjalian.  This book is set in Boston in the time of witch trials.

I was interested enough to finish this book.  Goodreads rates it 3.92.  I would say3.5.  Be prepared for a lot of 'thee' and 'thou'.  Although my review doesn't sound like it so far, I would recommend this as a good read.  

Next up The Rose Code, Kate Quinn.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG  I woulf of read ot at 15, but as many have told me I am a freak, it is not really scary but very hard at some points and ni

@AuntG I would haver read it at 15. but I have been told I am a freak, this book contains awful people but I think she would enjoy this book, it is very intense!

Trusted Contributor

@CareBears  Good to hear from you. I hope that your arm pain will settle down soon. I always enjoy your book reposrting.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Valued Contributor

I started Lethal White (Robert Gaalbraith) yesterday.

Honored Contributor

The People You Meet On Vacation, by Emily Henry.  Not a bad book but not a great one either.  I did not realize it was more of a "meet cute" type book.  I assumed it was more of a The Floating Feldman's type book.  Which was wonderful.  This meet cute story is not on par with some like Christina Lauren.  Plus I was little put off by the author going way over into trying to be politically correct.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."