Trusted Contributor

Re: AUGUST 2021 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

@icezeus - I have read all the Kathy Reichs books and they are very erratic.  Good, bad, and so-so.  I really don't know why I continue to read them, except that they're from the library and free.  Just when I think I won't read another one, she'll come up with a good one.  So then I read the next one, and it's blah.  A never-ending cycle.

Esteemed Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

@icezeus - I have read all the Kathy Reichs books and they are very erratic.  Good, bad, and so-so.  I really don't know why I continue to read them, except that they're from the library and free.  Just when I think I won't read another one, she'll come up with a good one.  So then I read the next one, and it's blah.  A never-ending cycle.

@dawg lover 

So what you are telling me is that I am headed towards more disappointment LOL!!! 

I just felt at least with this book,  that I had to struggle with too much minutiae to get to the point. I understand what you are trying to say, several sentences ago.  (smile) The different types of saws was a perfect example.

Respected Contributor

Finished Guesthouse For Ganesha.  It's a hard book to describe but it was interesting. 

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

Just finished The Wives by Tarryn Fisher, very good book!  A man is married to 3 women, they know of each other but all have agreed to the rules about not seeking information about each other, until one of them breaks the rules, this takes the story in a very dark direction, and just when it seems to wrap up a surprise ending that I for sure never saw coming!

@CareBears This was sooo good!!!!!I remember reading this last year, and was so shocked at the ending!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

"The Wives" sounds interesting, but I'm  hesitant to read it because of the author. The last book I read by Fisher was "The Wrong Family", and that was disappointing in many parts. Maybe I should give her another chance. I'll keep it in mind. 

@teganslaw The Wives is nothing like The Wrong Family, it is very very good, with a shocking ending! You may like it.. 

Honored Contributor

Just started THE PERFECT CHILD by Lucinda Berry, it is really good!!!!! Reminds me a bit so far of Baby Teeth....

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished He Started It, it ended to be a Great book!  The story revolves around a road trip with a very dysfunctional family, but the last 20 or so pages it turned even darker, I was going to leave the ending until tomorrow but I am glad I didn't!

Esteemed Contributor

I forgot to say the author was Samantha Downing!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you everyone for sharing your likes and dislikes for the month of August.

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED