Trusted Contributor

Re: AUGUST 2021 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

I just ordered The House of Gucci by Sara G Forden, the book that the upcoming Lady Gaga movie is based on because of a post here in another thread. I'll let you know how I like it (or not). I expect I will though.

Respected Contributor

@pachutabelle  The Exiles is the best book I've read so far this year. Hope you enjoy it.

Respected Contributor

since I work at a library,I get to see and process all the new books that come in.i also love the smell of libraries.is that weird?anyway,I 3 new books sitting on my end table.ill keep you posted after I've read one being Grisham newest

Respected Contributor

I also just finished a true story of a woman who finds out she has cancer.she is in and out of the hospital for 3 yrs.she decides to travel to meet all the ppl she has ment in the cancer ward.excellent for a book club read.our club at my library has yet to resume,due to covid.someday hopefully

Respected Contributor

four winds is a winner

Respected Contributor

@pachutabelle , I loved James Lee Burke.  I read everything he wrote.  LM

Respected Contributor

I've been reading the Andy Carpenter series by David Rosenfelt.  I really enjoy these mysteries.  I especially like Andy, a wise ass attorney.  The one I just finished is number 23 or 24 called Dog Eat Dog.  I thought it was one of the best of the series.  

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

since I work at a library,I get to see and process all the new books that come in.i also love the smell of libraries.is that weird?anyway,I 3 new books sitting on my end table.ill keep you posted after I've read one being Grisham newest

I can still reach way far back into my youth memories and remember the wonderful aroma of a library. The kids section of my local library was in a basement, dark and cozy; loved spending time there. Also remember the smell of new books that we would order through the school; loved both the old ones and the new ones. Still get aflutter when I open a new book.

Honored Contributor

I am reading NYPD RED 2, very quick and easy read, will be finished soon and then onto 29 Seconds, by T.M. Logan!

Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

I've been reading the Andy Carpenter series by David Rosenfelt.  I really enjoy these mysteries.  I especially like Andy, a wise ass attorney.  The one I just finished is number 23 or 24 called Dog Eat Dog.  I thought it was one of the best of the series.  

@Winkk  I've also read this series and enjoyed it very much.