Esteemed Contributor

Re: APRIL 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

I just finished The Perfect Girlfriend, what a psycho, I enjoyed this book very much!

New Contributor

Not crazy at all.  I finally read it last year and am so glad I did.  The plethora of characters in the beginning was a little tough. Many drop off, so I was unsure who to track.  However, I found a recent British adaptation in which a large number of cast members were from Downton Abbey, Mr. Selfridge, etc. So if you are a fan of those shows, you may find it helpful.  I certainly did.  (And I only needed the first episode to determine who the important characters were).  Then again, that may have only been a ME problem...lol  At any rate - Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

I'm probably 5 years late for reading The Nightingale by Kristin Hannan since I know many people have read it already.  It may have been over 600 pages long and I cringed at first by the size, but I finished it in 3 days.  It was incredible.  I don't think I'll be seeing the movie in 2023 when it comes out since a movie never does a book justice.

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

I just finished The Perfect Girlfriend, what a psycho, I enjoyed this book very much!

Who was this by? Karen Hamilton?

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@CareBears Who was this by? Karen Hamilton?

Honored Contributor

I finished Joanne DeMaio's, Shore Road. As with all her other books, I LOVED it. I can't wait to read the next one in the series.  The next book in the series, The Wait, is due out May 9th.  

I just started to listen to Brazen,  My Unorthodox Journey from Long Sleeves to Lingerie, by Julia Haart.   I watched her Netflix series and enjoyed it.   I'm very familiar with  Rockland County, NY and the area  where she lived and raised her family until she left her community.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  Yes it was, sorry I forgot to list the author.

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished  Kisses and Croissants by Anne-Sophie JouHanneau, this was a very sweet love  story, with Paris, Ballet, and an adventure to solve a long last family legend,

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN  Yes it was, sorry I forgot to list the author.

@CareBears No, thats ok, but I had just read that same book two weeks ago.. It was very good, and the girlfriend was something else!!!!! I also have The Ex Husbadn by Karen Hamilton as well, haven't started it yet though!

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  I think I read the EX-husband, but it was some time ago, so I put in a request, it sounds really good, and if I have read it but so long ago, it will be like reading it for the first time.