Esteemed Contributor

Re: APRIL 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

This morning I finished The Maid by Nita Prose, I thought this book was just Ok. until the ending and then I changed my opionion, it was very good, and a bit of a shock!

Respected Contributor

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart.  Advertised as a young adult book but thoroughly enjoyable by this old adult for its excellent writing and ending that in a recommend would "knock your socks off".  It was published in 2014 and has a new prequel out now: Family of Liars which I might read, I can't imagine it being better.  I did not want to put the book down.

Trusted Contributor

carebears,I too ended up loving "the maid"

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished Once two Sisters by Sarah Warburton. quite a story!  This is a complicated story of two sisters, one a best selling author, and the other an angry woman, who left behind her old life, took an new identity to begin a new life, telling no one!  When one sister is kidnapped, the story really takes off, it involves psychological torture, obsession, and deranged minds!  Lots of action will have the reader staying up late to read the ending!

Honored Contributor

Finished The Child Next Door, by Shalini Boland, it was really good as her books are...Nice twist at the end as well.....

I am now reading HOPE TO DIE by James Patterson!!!

Super Contributor

Sea Of Tranquility by Emily St. John Mandel

Honored Contributor

Recovering Alice by Catherine Morrison. A woman struggling with a multitude of issues including alcoholism meets a guy with secrets of his own but an unwavering desire to make it all work between them. 

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

This morning I finished The Maid by Nita Prose, I thought this book was just Ok. until the ending and then I changed my opionion, it was very good, and a bit of a shock!

@CareBears I have not heard of that one but I just now put it on hold.  Many ahead of me though.  Sometimes the last few pages of a book came be a big surprise.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Just finished The Brilliant Life of Eudora Honeysett,, I loved this book!  I laughed, cried, and wanted to slap a couple of the characters, but other characters I fell in love with!

Honored Contributor

The Stolen Marriage - Diane Chamberlain - This was one I just couldn't put down!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin