Esteemed Contributor

APRIL 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

Hello readers. A new month of reading and an opportunity to share what you may be enjoying or not so much. 

A few of us have commented on being in a reading slump including myself. Hopefully, April will be better. 

Happy reading. 

Honored Contributor

Re: APRIL 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

This is not new, but after seeing Bridgerton 2, I'm rereading the Bridgerton series by Julia Quinn.  I love that family.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

I'm attempting to read War and Peace. Call me crazy. 

Honored Contributor

@DJP wrote:

You're crazy. lol, just kidding but why in the world ???? So many books out there. I can't read the classics anymore. They move way too slow for me and it's a shame because most are masterpieces. Go for it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@DJP wrote:

Not crazy considering I read "Les Miserables", and many Charles Dickens novels. If one has the patience, some classics are worthwhile reading. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

This is not new, but after seeing Bridgerton 2, I'm rereading the Bridgerton series by Julia Quinn.  I love that family.

@QVCkitty1 

You are not crazy I have read 7 of the siblings stories and I have one more to go. 

Honored Contributor

My niece introduced me to Kristin Hannah.  I just started reading Night Road.  Anyone else read her books?  Opinions?

Valued Contributor

@Judaline @teganslaw   

I got frustrated going to the library and not finding any books that I could get into. War and Peace has been on my shelf since I joined a bookclub many years ago. We'll see how it goes. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@DJP wrote:

@Judaline @teganslaw   

I got frustrated going to the library and not finding any books that I could get into. War and Peace has been on my shelf since I joined a bookclub many years ago. We'll see how it goes. Woman LOL

Good luck-hope you make it!

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette  I read a couple of her books. Overall I do not care for her, although she is very popular and her books are well reviewed. The only book I can say I really enjoyed was The Great Alone.