Respected Contributor

Re: APRIL 2021 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

Just finished Good Company by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney. It was a step up (but not much to me) from The Nest that I really didn't like. 

Regular Contributor

The Kitchen Front   by Jennifer Ryan.

During wartime the BBC sponsored a cooking competition where cooks could only enter recipes they created main!y using ration coupons.  Four women enter the contest hoping to better their lives and win the grand prize of a cooking broadcast on the BBC.

It's a story about competition and a contest where the grand prize is really friendship.Very good story , very unusual recipes.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Shiver--I really enjoyed it.

@RetRN This is on my list! 

Respected Contributor

@SWEET 

I remember the NEST.  It got mega-publicity.  I read it.  At the end, (spoiler) , everything was made better by the birth of a baby.  Honestly, I just shrugged my shoulders.  It was NOT up to the hype it got.

Respected Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

@SWEET 

I remember the NEST.  It got mega-publicity.  I read it.  At the end, (spoiler) , everything was made better by the birth of a baby.  Honestly, I just shrugged my shoulders.  It was NOT up to the hype it got.

@maximillian 

I was so disappointed in The Nest. I usually love family books but it was a letdown.  This one was a little better!

Respected Contributor

@RetRN if you liked SHIVER, you will love SANITORIUM!

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished Truths I Never Told you by Kelly Rimmer, very deep but also depressing it reminded me so much of some of the most painful periods of my life, but I did enjoy the book!

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Seduction in Death ( In Death, #13) by J.D. Robb.

I rated the book 3/5 on Goodreads. 

Honored Contributor

Now reading a WWll book, The Book of Lost Names.  I do like it but it seems like I'm reading a YA book. It may go to a place where it gets brutal, I have no idea. That wouldn't be YA then. I like the war era books, and it's fast moving so I'm sticking to it.

Frequent Contributor

I just finished listening to The Rose Code by Kate Quinn. It's a long novel, but well worth it. Held my interest from beginning to end. Narrator was excellent.  Found it listed on the forums here in March, so thank you to those who recommended the book.