Honored Contributor

Re: APRIL 2021 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

@sunala wrote:

@lovescats wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@sunala  Did you mean to post in the Book Club forum?

@sunala 

i reported this thread and asked for it to be moved to its regular spot in the book club forum. Smiley Happy

unkind

@Pearlee@sunshine45 - I'm so confused. Where am I? I thought I did post in our Book Club. And did someone say something rude?

WOW I'm really confused!

@sunala. This thread was originally posted in Community Chat. 
Esteemed Contributor

@sunala  I have this book on request, I have never read a Stephen King book before, so I am looking forward to reding this book!

Trusted Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@sunala  I have this book on request, I have never read a Stephen King book before, so I am looking forward to reding this book!

@CareBears  I hope that you enjoy Later. If you do, a whole new world of books will be opened to you as King has many others to chose from, many better than Later. (at least in my opinion)

He is a great story teller and usually grabs me right from the beginning. Although he can be somewhat verbose, which probably explains the huge page count on some of his books.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Esteemed Contributor

@abbalulu  I believe that is why I have stayed away from so many of his books, they seem to be larger books which I have trouble holding on to.

Trusted Contributor

am just about finished with Lisa Scottolines newest,ETERNAL.a excellent book about the war in Italy and how it affected three friends,one who was Jewish. 

worth the time!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CareBears , I never read Stephen King until the Mr. Mercedes trilogy and then I was hooked.  He is a master story teller.  While I am not one for horror stories, he has many that don't fit into that genre.  Happy reading!  @sunala @abbalulu .  S

PS I use iPad pillow for heavy books...

FAFFBF16-C05F-4991-A83A-BAFF3D602F21.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished Watching You by Lisa Jewell, she is a very talented author and this book was different but so good, and it confirms the old saying "you really never know anyone even if they are in your life everyday!  And always be kind, being a bully is never accepted behaviour!

Trusted Contributor

Carebears,welcome to the world of Steven King. I think I have read most if not all of his books.

one of my favorites was MISERY. About a author who has a car accident and ends up being rescued by "his biggest fan". I highly recommend it. Enjoy your new found author.

Respected Contributor

The Code Breaker: Jennifer Doudna, Gene Editing, and the Future of the Human Raceby Walter Isaacson

Nobel Prize-winner, Jennifer Doudna, was told by her high school counselor that girls didn’t become scientists, but Jennifer wasn't listening.  Years later, she and her collaborators turned a curiosity ​of nature into an invention that will transform the human race: an easy-to-use tool that can edit DNA.  

Known as CRISPR, it opened a brave new world of medical miracles and moral questions.  

In the very near future you will be able to go to see your doctor and ask to have your body go through Geno Sequencing and then fix what ever it is that is wrong with you, Cancer, kidney disease, heart problems, diabetes, it takes out the disease. 

Undoubtedly, the ethical issues will have people talking for a long time, but the medical manifestation should have people living in good health for a much longer time.

Esteemed Contributor

@Epicurean wrote:

Carebears,welcome to the world of Steven King. I think I have read most if not all of his books.

one of my favorites was MISERY. About a author who has a car accident and ends up being rescued by "his biggest fan". I highly recommend it. Enjoy your new found author.

"Misery" was great! Annie was one of King's scariest villians. Just thinking about her gives me nightmares. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain