Esteemed Contributor

Re: APRIL 2021 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

Just finished Who Rescued Who by Victoria Schade, what a sweet story, with dogs, sheep, and a love story developing!

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished The Manatee Did It, Book 1 of the Southern Beach Mysteries by Kay Dew Shostak.  I was hesitant to read this, but this was a cute and easy-to-read book, much like a sitcom. 

Jewel Mantelle has never lived in the south or at a beach, but she moves with her husband to Sophia Island, Florida, when they inherit one of the small island's historic homes.  When one of his cousins is murdered and her husband is considered to be the assailant, Jewel finds something that she has never had in all of their moves--friends.  This is the lunch bunch and they organize to discover who murdered the cousin.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

Jut read a book by Sally Hepworth,first book I have read from her an it was very good. It was a little to short for me,I love long,involved books but this kept my interest.

THE GOOD SISTER was the title. About twins ho one is having a baby because The other sister is unable too. Many supprises,and kept me interested 

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean wrote:

Jut read a book by Sally Hepworth,first book I have read from her an it was very good. It was a little to short for me,I love long,involved books but this kept my interest.

THE GOOD SISTER was the title. About twins ho one is having a baby because The other sister is unable too. Many supprises,and kept me interested 

@Epicurean I like this author too!

Honored Contributor

The Big Door Prize, by M.O. Walsh.  DNAMIX machine comes to a small town grocery store.  In my mind it seems like one of those old black and white photo booths we all hit at one time or another at the mall.  The customers go inside the booth, pay $2.00, swab the inside of their mouth with a q-tip and out pops a card with what they should be in their lives.  Such as the Mayor of the town reads his card he should be a cowboy.  The roping, aw shucks mam kind of cowboy.

A business man builds his own pool in the backyard for being a future Olympic swimmer.  A mom after many decades being told she should be a ballerina.  Small town lives with big dreams.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

I don't know if any of you are like me,a little compulsive about your favorite authors,but I am. I just discovered that  hendrik groen has a new book coming out on Jue 1,which I have pre ordered. 
It's about our favorite curmudgeon and his friend who end up with a baby and have trouble returning him because of so much police presence. This Is a prequel to his other books,regardless,I can hardly wait!

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Smooth Operator (Teddy Faye, #1) by Stuart Woods. This is a spin off from the Stone Barrington Series, which I have mostly grown bored with because it's like reading the same book over and over and over again.

I actually enjoyed this book even though Stone Barrington was in it. Teddy Faye, who was a former CIA agent was killing people left and right. Don't worry they are all bad people that he murdered. Then you have the people that are being murdered to further the plot. Warning, lots of killings if you decide to read this book. I truly could not figure it out. Luckily the author Stuart Woods finally revealed it all in  the last few chapters. 

I don't want to spoil books for readers that are still reading the Stone Barrington series, but Wow a lot has changed for him and Dino.

I will rate it 4/5 on Goodreads. 

Respected Contributor

Finished This Close To Okay by Leesa Cross-Smith.  It was sure a different type of book.  I really liked it and gave it 3.5 stars. 

Regular Contributor

Just discovered the lovely author Dorothea Benton Frank a few months ago.  Her book By Invitation Only tells the story of a South Carolina peach farming son's engagement to the daughter of a very wealthy Chicago couple.  Descriptive writing infused with humor made this book feel as cozy as being nestled in a warm blanket! 

I know many of you have read her other books - recommendations, please!  I just love this author and am so glad I finally discovered her.  What took me so long?!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished The Sea Turtle Did It (Southern Beach Mysteries Book 2) by Kay Dew Shostak.  It appears that turtle season has opened early until it is realized that it is not eggs buried but a body.  Cute mystery and an easy read.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!