Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: APRIL 2021 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

Finished Missing Molly, it was really good! I love Natalie Barelli's books.....

On to reading Juror #3 by James Patterson. As usual, this book starts off with a bang like his normally do!

Trusted Contributor

Today I finished Double Jeopardy by Stuart Woods.  This is the newest Stone Barrington book, just published this week.  Well, you either like these books or not; I like them.  This one was set amost entirely at Stone's house on an island off the coast of Maine.  It is a fairly fast read with lots of well-written dialogue, a quick pace, and yes, some of his usual playboy activities.  A murderous set of twins is released from prison and come to the island for revenge.  I recommend it if you find these books to be your cup of tea. 

Respected Contributor

WIN. Harlen Coben

SURVIVING SAVANNAH  Patti Callahan

DARK HIGHWAY. Lisa Gray

FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND. Brian Freeman

SOPHIE LAST SEEN. Marlene Adelstein

Honored Contributor

Miss Julia Happily Ever After. by Ann B. Ross.  Only allowed myself 100 pages this morning than put it down since it supposed to be the last one.  I want to enjoy as long as possible.  From the moment I found Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind back in 1999 strolling in a book store I have been hooked. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

I just finished John Sandford's latest book, "OCEAN PREY."  It was very good, as usual, just maybe a little too long and overly-technical about scuba diving.  But, still a good read.

I have been reading Lisa Gardner's mystery series featuring D. D. Warren as the heroine, and they are very good!  I have been racing through them and am ready to start number six.  The first book in the series is "ALONE," in which she plays a minor role, with her part expanding in subsequent books.

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished Never Have I ever by Joshilym Jackson. very good, with shock surprises that I never saw coming!

Esteemed Contributor

I finished The Sanatorium (that spelling just looks wrong to me). I didn't like it very much. It was another of those "psychological" mysteries that are becoming more and more dominant on the best seller lists. I can't even tell you why I finished the whole book, as it was a total waste of time to me.

I also read Stephen King's Later, which I enjoyed a lot. It's been described as Stephen King "lite," which is a good description. It wasn't too long and it wasn't crazy like many of his others.

I'm now reading The Night Always Comes, by Willy Vlautin. It's an interesting smooth-reading drama that's keeping me glued to my seat. I hope to finish it today. 

Happy reading everyone!!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

I read Finlay Donovan Is Killing It by Elle Cosimano.  When a writer is overheard discussing the plot of her next mystery novel, she is mistaken for a hit woman and asked to dispose of a problem husband.  The book is funny and very smartly written.  I enjoyed it a lot.   Thanks to @dawg lover  for recommending it.         

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished THE DEAD CHILL (BOOK 2 OF THE SIDNEY BECKER MYSTERIES) by Linda Berry.  In this book, a young Native American woman is dead, her body found in the frozen water near her home.  Police Chief Becker is responsible to the Native American residents, who do not live on a reservation, but do live in an established NA community.  The community has a very large distrust of the police and the court system.  The young woman who is dead was responsible for releasing animals from traps and destroying the traps.  Additionally, other crimes are being done to the NA residents, and all in the midst of a major snow/ice storm.  Another good book.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Finished Cathleen Schine's The Three Wisemanns of Westport.  Now I know why it's been sitting on my shelf for so long.  It was a waste of my time.  Wish I didn't finish it.