Honored Contributor

Re: APRIL 2021 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

@sunala wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@sunala  Did you mean to post in the Book Club forum?

@sunala 

i reported this thread and asked for it to be moved to its regular spot in the book club forum. Smiley Happy

@sunshine45  - Thank you! I was having a problem with my computer (for a change). Especially on the QVC site. It is always jumping and just as I'm going to click on something, it jumps and I click on something else. Anyone else have that?

Yes! When they had the fiasco of the huge pictures going by and we couldn't sign in or get our notifications, my jumping stopped!!! I'd had it for ages. Now that the big pictures are gone, the jumping is back. I'm beginning to think it's their trademark. I'm not exactly jumping for joy about it, either. As you said, you click on something and at the last minute it jumps and you've clicked on something else! Now I say to myself, 'wait for the jump!'

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@icezeus , just downloaded Escape Clause.  I am reading Later by Stephen King now. How lucky am I!  Two good books in a row.  Thanks!  S

@Lilysmom1 

I love my Virgil Flowers. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished The Last Of the Moon Girls by Barbara Davis, I loved this book. and what a love story, I read it staring early yesterday and just finished I just did not want to put it down!

Esteemed Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@sunala  Did you mean to post in the Book Club forum?

@sunala 

i reported this thread and asked for it to be moved to its regular spot in the book club forum. Smiley Happy

@sunshine45  - Thank you! I was having a problem with my computer (for a change). Especially on the QVC site. It is always jumping and just as I'm going to click on something, it jumps and I click on something else. Anyone else have that?

@sunala 

This happens to me frequently on the QVC and the GoodReads site. I tend to just wait a few seconds now, because I know that it's going to jump, and I end up clicking on something that I do not want. 

Respected Contributor

Just finished The Husbands by Chandler Baker (coming out in June).  Sort of a psychological fiction.  It was a good read but almost bizarre like at the end. I couldn't figure out at first how she got the title and then a flashbulb went off almost at the end.

Honored Contributor

Fiona Baker,  The Beachside Inn: Marigold Island Book 1

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

I read The Favorite Daughter by Kaira Rouda which was just kind of a so so thriller. I liked the first book I read by her better.

I also read Antiques Con by Barbara Allen which was the 8th installment in a cozy series that I enjoy.

I just finished up Louisiana Lucky by Julie Pennell which was a fun book about three sisters from Louisiana who win a large lottery prize. Nothing life shattering- just a nice pleasant easy read.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Valued Contributor

I read Lisa Scottoline's Eternal, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I also read The Dictionary of Lost Words (Pip Williams). That book wasn't as good as expected.

Today I started Kate Quinn's The Rose Code. I chose this book because I watched The Bletchley Circle on PBS.

Was surprised to see Prince Philip as a character early in the plot.

Trusted Contributor

I just finished Murder in the Bayou Boneyard by Ellen Byron. It's the 6th book in her Cajun Country mystery series. It's a very light mystery - no gore, graphic details etc. Basically oh someone fell over and is dead then the book moves on. This one was just ok. I've enjoyed others in the series more than this one. I did still enjoy the setting of a small town in Louisiana. It felt like a mini vacation especially reading about all of the great cajun food and interesting holiday events.  

Esteemed Contributor

THE KILLING WOODS (The Sidney Becker Mysteries Book 1) by Linda Berry.  The book was very good, but also quite scary.  Detective Sidney Becker leaves Oakland to return to her home town as the new police chief.  What would normally be a very peaceful and crime-free town, turns into the home of a serial killer.  Lots of action with a surprise ending.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!