Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

APRIL 2021 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

Hello, APRIL and hello, April Fool's Day! 

If you've read any good books lately, please share them with the group so we can enjoy them too. Not so good? We want to hear about those, too.

Happy Reading to ALL!!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Re: APRIL 2021 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

Happy April Sunny🌷.  Thanks for keeping us going.  S

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe this author has been mentioned before, but Kate Carlisle has a series of Bibliophile books that features a book restoration expert.  There is a murder that she somehow always gets involved in and she has a rich, handsome, ex-British agent significant other, etc.  Nothing to challenge the brain but enjoyable nonetheless.  

Kate also writes the "Fixer Upper" series, about a gal who runs a restoration/construction business.

Sally Goldenbaum is the author of Seaside Knitting mysteries.  Several main characters and another entertaining series.

Barbara Ross has a five book series about a family who owns an island and is teetering on bankruptcy, but the main character comes back home from her high profile job and tries to save the family business.

Avery Ames has a series about a gal who runs a cheese shop when her grandma and grandpa get too old to handle it on a daily basis.  Her cousin, who is like a brother, runs the adjacent wine store and they pair cheese and wine for Open Houses.

Josie Belle wrote 5 books about a gal who has a second hand clothing shop and the trials and tributions she encounters.  

Janet Bolin write books about sewing and they are good entertainment reading, also.

Laura Childs is an author who write three series---Tea Shop Mysteries, Cackleberry Club, and Scrapbooking Mysteries.

Lauren Elliott is a more recent author that I just discovered and they are all murder mysteries.

I also like Monica Ferris as an author.

Victoria Hamilton has two series----Vintage Kitchen Mystery and Merry Muffin Mystery.

Virginia Lowell has a murder mystery series, also.  She writes about a gal who owns a bake shop, with emphasis on serving cookies to customers with antique cookie cutters for sale.

Sorry this is so long.  Sorry if I have shared authors that have already been listed.   I'll have to keep checking back with this thread because I'm looking for new authors.  Thank you for sharing.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

A Dangerous Fortune, Ken Follett

debating if I want to read Burr by Vidal ,his American series looks interesting 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

Yes, I would recommend Burr along with Lincoln and 1876.  If you like historical fiction, Vidal is an excellent writer.

Honored Contributor

@sunala  Did you mean to post in the Book Club forum?

Respected Contributor

Last month I read Stephen King's latest - Later - loved it.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

Yes, I would recommend Burr along with Lincoln and 1876.  If you like historical fiction, Vidal is an excellent writer.

Listening to a biography now it's interesting 

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@sunala  Did you mean to post in the Book Club forum?

@sunala 

i reported this thread and asked for it to be moved to its regular spot in the book club forum. Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein