Esteemed Contributor

ANYONE READ THE EVE DALLAS SERIES BY J.D. ROBB ?

I am totally hooked!  I know that the early ones were written in the 90's, but it hasn't changed the fact that I am really enjoying them. 

I don't do Kindle so I have been scouring the thrift stores and filling in with Amazon.

Anyone else a fan?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ANYONE READ THE EVE DALLAS SERIES BY J.D. ROBB ?

@tends2dogs  I have read all of them and am now reading the most current one, Connections in Death,  So far, I don't find this to be one of her better books.  The earlier ones are much better.  I feel that they started going a little downhill several books ago and think that she has someone possibly writing for her.  I know that she puts out a lot of books each year and it must be hard to do all of the writing by herself.  If she is using someone to help, then I wish that she would put their names on the books, much like Patterson.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs, I love the In Death series, too. Have you tried the library? They usually carry all of her books, both J. D. Robb and Nora Roberts. I have a Kindle and I can borrow ebooks through the library. I love it. I love when I find “a new to me author”. It’s nice to see the progression in all of the characters and meeting new ones. Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs@Toot1920@SXMGirl

I have read some JD Robb in my distant past.

Also, I enjoyed many of Nora Roberts’ books.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs  I have been enjoying the Eve Dallas books or some call them the "The Death Series."  They are very creative and different from other mystery, crime novels.  For me, they provide a good escape or break from all the other more serious books that I read.  I get them from my local library.

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs  I love, love, love Nora Roberts’ Eve Dallas books!  I just happen to be reading Leverage in Death right now. All of the “In Death” books are great fun and well written. I usually pick them up at Walmart as each title comes out in paperback. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

Here is another fan. I have Rapture in Death at home from the Library now. 

Respected Contributor

I love love love the books too. Absolutely check out the library first, and the E-book version. Go to your library’s website you can Google it online to see where it is, that is the best place to see if they have the book in the library, and even if it is not available right then you can reserve it. This is also the place for any e-books they have online.  Most libraries have a place that you can download their app, which is often “OverDrive”.

It is so easy for me when I finish one to simply go to my library‘s website using their app for e-books and download the next one. Something else if you are an audiobook fan, the person who reads the books does a fantastic job!  Many libraries offer the e-book and the audiobook.

Also on Amazon since many of these have been out for a while they are very very cheap.

Trusted Contributor

This is one of my favorite series, and I would say that all but 1 or 2 books out of 48 are great.  Unfortunately, the new one Connections in Death is just so-so, IMO.  The beginning and end are good, but the middle is somewhat dull.  I hate to say that, as I absolutely love the series.  But, don't let that stop you from reading, as 99% of them are fantastic.

Respected Contributor

I did about 8 years ago but haven't read any since then.  I loved them but sort of grew tired of the story line so I stopped reading them.  But, since you just started I'm sure you will like the series.