Respected Contributor

Some I've enjoyed

Jana Deleon~Miss Fortune Mysteries  (there's others I've not read)

Donna Andrews~Meg Langslow

Ann Charles~Deadwood Mysteries, Jackrabbit Junction Mysteries

Frank Tuttle~Markhat

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Well, I'm just about done with the John Sandford mysteries series ....  rally enjoyed the main characters Flowers, Davenport .....    and now finishing up the Kidd books.

I'd like a little change .....   the last books I've read which were quite funny (in some cases) were Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books.   

Do you know of any other mystery author that is rather witty in their writing?  I doubt there will be many, but I figured if they are out there, someone here will know .....   

Anyone?

@Tinkrbl44- there are the Laura Levine Jaine Austen books. They're really funny, especially Jaine's precocious cat, Prozac. It's a whole series but you don't really have to read them in order. It's better if you start with the first one as it introduces characters as the books go along, especially her parents, but you can really start anywhere. I really recommend them!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: ANY HUMOROUS MYSTERIES?

[ Edited ]

@Janey2 wrote:

The Andy Carpenter mystery books by David Rosenfelt

@Janey2

I just looked this up and see that there are 18 books in this series ...... how many from this one have you read?

Honored Contributor

Re: ANY HUMOROUS MYSTERIES?

[ Edited ]

@candyagain wrote:

All of the Spenser series by Robert B. Parker. Funny and good plotting, too. It's easy to find a read in sequence list by Googling his name. Parker is one of my favorite mystery writers. He passed away a few years ago and another writer has taken over the series. But there ar a LOT of the original author in the list.

There was a TV series, Spenser for Hire but it was not as good as the books.

@candyagain

Thanks for the rec .... if you haven't already done so, check out the FictFact dot com site ..... it's a great way to easily check out books in a series, and most are rated by readers.    

Honored Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

I love the two series by M.C. Beaton.  Hamish MacBeth and the Agatha Raisin series.  While they aren't necessarily humorous, there are some funny parts in them.  They are very good and I suggest reading from the beginning.  There are quite a few books in each series.

I know you're looking for books, @Tinkrbl44, but thanks to @Jinlei I'm reminded Hamish MacBeth is also an excellent tv series with Robert Carlyle and the wonderful Westie, Jock (and new Jock).

Image result for hamish macbeth

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Jinlei wrote:

I love the two series by M.C. Beaton.  Hamish MacBeth and the Agatha Raisin series.  While they aren't necessarily humorous, there are some funny parts in them.  They are very good and I suggest reading from the beginning.  There are quite a few books in each series.

I know you're looking for books, @Tinkrbl44, but thanks to @Jinlei I'm reminded Hamish MacBeth is also an excellent tv series with Robert Carlyle and the wonderful Westie, Jock (and new Jock).

Image result for hamish macbeth

I saw a Hamish MacBeth movie and it was TERRIBLE. But this guy is ca-yute! Is it a PBS thing?

New Contributor

I enjoyed Lee Hollis. Start with the first one and there are about seven or eight.

Honored Contributor

Here are some authors whose mysteries were humorous - these are what I consider to be cozy mysteries.

Sue Ann Jafarian - Thugs and Kisses

Jeffrey Cohen - It Happened One Knife

Donna Andrews - Duck the Halls

Kylie Logan - her literary women books like Gone With The Twins

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I love the Elvis Cole mysteries-lots of dry humor from this private eye. By Robert Crais.

@Judaline

I'm 2/3 of the way through the first one and have ordered two more books (in order, of course).   Thanks for the rec!

Valued Contributor
Harlan Coben’s Myron Bolitar series. Well done and the humor is sharp.