Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

Carl Hiaasen's books are always twisted and funny if you like ridiculously over the top situations and a bad guy getting an ironic comeuppance. You usually know who did it in those and are waiting for the good guy to figure it out or prove who did lit, Columbo.

Ben Rehder's books are also very funny and he's been compared to Hiaasen. His Blanco County (Texas) books are fun.

If you like Cozy mysteries, I like the Dead-End Jobs series, by Elaine Viets.

@Alison Wonderland

Thanks!

Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

These aren't mysteries, though some of them have a minor mysterious component, but the Miss Julia novels by Ann Ross can sometimes be pretty funny and quite entertaining... They involve the life, foibles and belated 'coming of age' of a fairly uptight social maven and church lady working on her second marriage living in a small North Carolina town. Some of the situations she gets herself into are pretty funny especially when she pairs up with one of her several entertaining sidekicks like her maid Lillian or her once enemy now friend Etta Mae. The series has a fun and extensive but never overwhelming supporting cast. Some installments are better than others, but I've yet to read a real stinker.

I love Ann’s stories. She lives in the same town as me. She is pure delight and a writer with heart. I marvel at how she keeps the Miss Julia stories fresh and engaging. That’s talent and a gift. 

I am honored that she agreed to read my new novel release.